Broken Highway- The lyrics are pretty good from what i hear. The rhythm of it is pretty cool as well, it's real catchy kinda like something, one thing i'd say is find a different chord progression for a chorus or something, it always gives it a nice change of pace. I know you're just talking over the track, i dont know if thats the sound youre going for, or your just trying to get the lyrics in the song and the total melody, if not just work on it, if you can play guitar, you arent tone deaf and you CAN learn how to sing. Overall I like the song. Based solely on the musicality of the song 7/10

Dear Mistake- I like this a lot, i don't know why, but this kind of reminds me of Bright Eyes.... i don't know why. The tone is real mellow and relaxing, the lyrics are pretty sweet. The melody of the guitar is really cool. Once again, work on the vocals a little bit, and you got a really great song right here. Based solely on musicality of the song 9/10.

Check out my song and let me know what you think!!!
Quote by Kerdmann5
Broken Highway- The lyrics are pretty good from what i hear. The rhythm of it is pretty cool as well, it's real catchy kinda like something, one thing i'd say is find a different chord progression for a chorus or something, it always gives it a nice change of pace. I know you're just talking over the track, i dont know if thats the sound youre going for, or your just trying to get the lyrics in the song and the total melody, if not just work on it, if you can play guitar, you arent tone deaf and you CAN learn how to sing. Overall I like the song. Based solely on the musicality of the song 7/10

Dear Mistake- I like this a lot, i don't know why, but this kind of reminds me of Bright Eyes.... i don't know why. The tone is real mellow and relaxing, the lyrics are pretty sweet. The melody of the guitar is really cool. Once again, work on the vocals a little bit, and you got a really great song right here. Based solely on musicality of the song 9/10.

Check out my song and let me know what you think!!!

Thank you for your input. I have been practicing singing for 2 months now and I'm getting better every day. Advice like this helps a lot. I will be sure to listen to your link.
"Broken Highway":
I noticed you keep the same chord progression throughout the whole track. You really should switch up the chords during a chorus to give the listener more to look forward to. The lyrics aren't too special; they're sort of cliche and whatnot, but it may just be the way they're spoken that give it that feeling. You seem 'bored' when you sang. The tone wasn't all too appealing, but with more vocal practice, and switching up the progression a bit more, you could have yourself a really good song.

"Dear Mistake":
Interesting intro riff. Caught my attention with the title. You need to work on your vocals. I like the song, but it needs more feeling. I like the mellow feeling you give out, but it has a somber type of thing going on. Great song, but you do need to work on the vocals a lot more. Awesome guitar melody.

Crit for crit?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1435034
Broken High Way - really great song like the sound its reminds me of bob dylan or something like that. You should really add a chorus change I got a guide saved on my hard drive somewhere on picking chords that are the same functionally but are different chords, which has helped me put in acoustic chorus easy, I'll pm it to you if you think it will help.

Dear Mistake - The guitar intro jumped out my speakers and grabbed my ear lobes, but then unfortunately the vocals are a bit rough. As hero harlot the vocals do need work but I think its a case of practice and getting some clearer notes and holding them cos it sounds your going up and down a lot which is probably whats throwing your sound of too.

Generally your sound quite unique mellow and easy listening really accessible too so congrats.

If you get a chance and dont mind looking for some crit on my song summer haze check it at https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1435251