Is it normal for the skin on my fingernails to be pushed back when I pop? I seem to be catching the string that is lower than the one I play on. Just want to make sure my technique isn't detrimental.
Quote by LeakyFlask
Wait... you have SKIN on your NAILS?

Come on, you know what I mean. I think it's called the cuticle or something.
Quote by LeakyFlask
Well, I don't pop all that much, but I haven't noticed any detrimentalist cuticles.

wat? of course you wouldn't notice the effect of something if you didn't do it. and what the hell is a detrimentalist cuticle? That doesn't even make any sense.
Quote by Andrew C. S.
wat? of course you wouldn't notice the effect of something if you didn't do it. and what the hell is a detrimentalist cuticle? That doesn't even make any sense.

I know
Sorry I can't be of assistance though, I'm sure someone else will come along and save the day though.
REGGIE
Quote by LeakyFlask
I know
Sorry I can't be of assistance though, I'm sure someone else will come along and save the day though.

I sure hope so; I don't want any f u cked up fingers...
firstly i know this sounds metrosexual but you should push back your cuticles. it prevents hangnails and cuticle splits. females know this but almost never tell us males. i learned it when i was 21 and i was like WHAT!

as long as your not getting any noise playing through your amp of the other string being hit and it is not slowing down your playing you are fine. if you are, re analyze your technique.
try and keep your finger tip more perpendicular to the body of the bass when you slap. i play on a 6 string with TIGHT string spacing and i don't have that problem.
no sir away a papaya war is on
That happens to me a lot from slapping. It shouldn't have any bad effects on your fingers, if it's that much of a problem then stop slapping for a couple of days and let it heal.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
Yes this happens to me all the time, but I've never noticed it happen because I pop, I'll just look and the skin will have been pulled away. There's no reason I can think of
WHY it happens, it just does :|
You said "This is suicide."
I said "
This is our war."
Quote by Andrew C. S.
I sure hope so; I don't want any f u cked up fingers...

you're a bass player, your fingers SHOULD be fcuked up!
Quote by Ted K
you're a bass player, your fingers SHOULD be fcuked up!

Haha i guess. No pain, no gain, right?