My basic set up is that my guitar is plugged into my amp, and the DI part of my amp is connected to my a laptop's microphone jack with a 1/4 to 1/8 cable. The volume fluctuates and it sounds overall shitty. My amp is a Marshall Valvestate AVT 20 if that helps. Thanks
bad cable?
Strat>Interstellar Overdriver>Little Big Muff>Supersonic Fuzz Gun>Crybaby Classic>Crybaby>VP Jr. (TU-2 tuner out)>Electric Mistress XO>RV-3>E-1005 w/ Footswitch>DD-6 (stereo out)>DL-4 w/ Expression Pedal>Stereo Tremolo>Headrush>Fender Deluxe 85(2x)
What program are you using? Some of them have an 'automatic recording level' feature, which will fluctuate the volume to try to get everything the same amplitude. If you can find it, turn it off, or manually set the recording level.
Gear:
Fender Hot Rod Deville 2x12
Custom Built Guitar (made it myself)
PRS SE Soapbar II Maple
Fender Stratacoustic (Stolen! )
Digitech RP200
Boss MT-2
Roland Microcube
I like my stuff!
Quote by truiteleague
that could be the reason! Get Reaper, it's free!

I just downloaded it - but it says it's only free for 30 days. Is there a guide on UG on how to use this program?
^Just check out Youtube. There's a lot of tutorials on there.
"For we are nothing without brotherhood and brotherhood is nothing without our brothers" -We Came As Romans
Quote by krazykid384
I just downloaded it - but it says it's only free for 30 days. Is there a guide on UG on how to use this program?

Reaper is free forever. But once you go over the 30 days it has a nag screen asking you to pay. You don't have to, but I think it's a nice thing to do haha

Quote by rootbeerjuice

How are the tonal properties of stop signs, anyway? They're made of aluminum, right?

My Gear:

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Squier Bullet Strat (For modding)
Blackstar HT-5 combo
Boss OS-2