Long story short, for 25 years there has been a rebellion going on in Uganda. Lead by Joesph Kony, the Lord's Resistance Army abducts children from remote villages and forces them to become soldiers. Uganda's attempts at stopping this have been unsuccessful, to say the least. This is where Invisible Children comes in. Basically, they do what they can to rebuild the lives of the rescued/escaped child soldiers and others affected by the conflict.

This is a really good organization that actually does what they claim to do-- not one of those sleazy ones that takes a large cut of the money for a profit.

To donate:
http://www2.invisiblechildren.com/donate (regular page)
or
http://www.stayclassy.org/member/ic-fundraising?fcid=82681 (I made a fundraising page 'cause year)

For more information (and there's a ton):
http://www.invisiblechildren.com/homepage.html

There's a thing going on now in honor of the 25 years, but you can donate anytime. I'm not expecting much, but if anyone wants to donate that would be great. Even if it's just a little, it adds up and makes a difference. Anyway to anyone who feels like helping.
If I can't see it, it doesn't concern me. Though this DOES remind me of MGS2 where Raiden was raised as a soldier from the ground up thanks to Solidus.
My wife was super involved with Invisible Children back in high school

Good cause, fersure
My God, it's full of stars!
Invisible Children has actually been to my high school. It's really inspiring stuff. I was really happy when I saw them on Oprah a week or two ago.

Right now they are focusing on rebuilding lives with education rather than the Joseph Kony problem, since he is on the run and it will only be a matter of time until he is "no longer a concern."
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
This is a good cause, but it isn't the only place they do it...it's very common to see this happening in 3rd world countries that are in war

Either way I support it
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Anyway I have technically statutory raped #nice

Quote by EndThecRinge51
once a girl and i promised to never leave each other

since that promise was broken

i dont make promises any more
How can you donate to indoctrinated children?

I'm not taking the piss, I'm asking a genuine question.

Edit: I've read a little bit, and I see.
Horseness is the whatness of allhorse.
We are all Neil Lennon
UG GT5 group
It makes you think "why are we fighting for the Muslims and others when they don't want us there, and not fighting for the people that desperately want and need us to free them from oppression?" African people love Americans, especially for all the charity and support we try and give them, not through our government, but through actual people.
Quote by J Mud
I'd rather help homeless Americans find homes.

Are you actually going to do that? Not like you have to give to any charities or anything. That's just a really lame excuse for not helping anyone in other countries.
Quote by ethan_hanus
It makes you think "why are we fighting for the Muslims and others when they don't want us there, and not fighting for the people that desperately want and need us to free them from oppression?" African people love Americans, especially for all the charity and support we try and give them, not through our government, but through actual people.

Not enough oil in Africa?
My problem with Uganda is everything.

The government kills homosexuals/family members of homosexuals/anyone that doesn't report a homosexual. As well as other ****ed up things.

The revolutionary cause to stop the government kidnaps children and forces them to be in an army. That way absolutely nothing will change except for who is in charge.
Quote by metaldud536
Not enough oil in Africa?

Stole the words from my mouth
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Anyway I have technically statutory raped #nice

Quote by EndThecRinge51
once a girl and i promised to never leave each other

since that promise was broken

i dont make promises any more
Quote by bloodtrocuted93
Are you actually going to do that? Not like you have to give to any charities or anything. That's just a really lame excuse for not helping anyone in other countries.

You take care of your own before branching out to help others, I learned this the hard way.