So I just bought a Original MIJ 5 way switch for my Squier Affinity, which currently has a USA sized Fender 5 way in there, and it's too big and is being crushed by the pickguard. Kinda just bought it on a whim, I saw "Original MIJ" and just jumped on it like a fat kid on cupcakes.

Was wondering if I just made a dumb move and bought a switch that will still be too big?
if it fits, it's not a dumb move is it? i don't get how a 5-way switch can be crushed by the pickguard tho. there isn't enough space under the pickguard???
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by ECistheBest
if it fits, it's not a dumb move is it? i don't get how a 5-way switch can be crushed by the pickguard tho. there isn't enough space under the pickguard???

Yeah, pretty much, it's like a little over an inch under the pickguard, so I'm having to use 1.5 mm picks to raise the pickguard enough so it doesn't crush the pickup selector and kill my pickups. Yeah, it's just 1.5 mm to shallow, insane, huh?
Yeah, the Affinity series has a thinner body than usual, so I'm guessing it has a shallower cavity?
I had to drill out a whole section to make a push-pull pot fit... I swear it's less than 1mm thick at the thinnest point now that I made space.
I have a ponytail fetish.
..And a labcoat fetish. SCIENCE!