well im lost i have 2 choices and are the only choices i have for the price i found them for.. I won both bids but dont no what one i want.. one is a

Digitech RP7 Valve effect pedal
the other a zoom3030 multi fx pedal

i did youtube these and listened to both but you never know what else of pedal they had with them..

and for the style I play is like joe satriani style. (not nearly as good as him) but I like the sound and I wanna match it also I love playen like Lamb of god so I need something with some heavy distortion

i no one pedal has like 8 different distortions the zoom does but I oce owned a digitech rp200 witch was ok not the best. so any ides please!!!! many thanks
Hi, if you want distortion, I dont know much about the digitech rp7 or the zoom. But there are many pedals. Boss metalcore, Boss metalzone, Digitech Deathmetal, Modtone Extreme metal, Digitech Metal distortion, Boss OD-20, Any Multi effects. I personally like the me-70. I have heard many good things about the digitech rp500 also. LOG !!!
unfortinally a pre amp peavy transtube 258 efx but am going to be upgrading to a better one soon.. its ok for pratice has some effects on it but.. o well
well i looked up pedals on youtube yeah prolly not the best to do but it gave me what i wanted to hear.. seemed like the digitech rp7 sounded the best with the leads it could give and distortion. the pedals both where so cheap i shoulda bought both of them the digitech rp7 they wanted 150 but i got them down to $70.00 bucks so thats a pretty fair deal i would think and the zoom3030 on ebay talked them down to 55.00 but after hearing them both on you tube i went with digitech and plus i used to have a digitech rp200 witch well wasnt the best. but my first pedal back in 98 or 99 was a zoom it didnt have a expresion pedal i think it was like a 505 but it sounded pretty dang good back then. im still confused! maybe get both? lol could i hook up both hmmm use 1 for my wah other for distortion and pitch shift or chorus then the other pedal for volume. hmmmmm.
what's your price range? ive got a digitech rp350 which is brilliant, but unfortunately its been discontinued, so i would look used for those. ive seen the rp7, and i would recommend the zoom out of the two.
Quote by Cracked.com
Then they torched an Apple Store and made a PowerPoint about their experiences.
yeah i done bought the rp7 but for the price of the zoom3030 i might get that as well.. now maybe i should post my next question in the guitar section cause this is blowing my mind on this guitar i have.. its a washburn N2 has NUNO writen on it on the body. thing thats getting me is every n2 nuno i seen has a 3 switch and a volume knob this guitar has nuno writing on it has N2 on the headstock with washburn above it.. has a deal on the back to where u can put your alen renches ..and a tone knob. ive looked in looked to see how old it is im lost!! ill take pics and post them..
Well, if you've won both bids than you're legally obliged to pay for both pedals, so you'll soon be able to test them side to side and see which you like better.

Otherwise, we need more info. What amp are you using? The pedals won't do you much good if your amp isn't up to snuff.

Quote by Dethmetaljunkie
Hi, if you want distortion, I dont know much about the digitech rp7 or the zoom. But there are many pedals. Boss metalcore, Boss metalzone, Digitech Deathmetal, Modtone Extreme metal, Digitech Metal distortion, Boss OD-20, Any Multi effects. I personally like the me-70. I have heard many good things about the digitech rp500 also. LOG !!!

Jesus shit, did you just google "worst pedals on earth" and post the results?
i posted my amp but going to be upgrading soon its a pre amp peavey transtube 258 efx with effects on it
Well, that amp isn't that great, and a pedal won't help. Multi-fx pedals are best suited for people who need a lot of different sounds in one unit - with you having a very specific idea of the tone you want, there's not really a point in getting one.

Also, any pedal, be it a multi-fx or not, needs a good amp to sound good. The Transtube series doesn't really qualify. They're entry level amps and they're fine for beginners, but if you want a better tone, you will ultimately need a better amp. A pedal would add new sounds, but it can't make up for the amp's shortcomings.
well im going this weekend and getting another amp either a 2 x 8 or 2 x 10 and i think i have my heart set on a roland. and to post back i had a digitech rp200 and played on this same amp.. and it sounded great so saying i wont get the sound out of this amp your diffently rong on!!! i was able to make it sound very very close to lamb of god. and then turn around change a few settings put on distortion and chorus then put on the octaver on the amp and it sounded very very nice!! then put it on another preset with wah and i could get the sounds of the solos on metallica i like playen different styles and music. from steve joe satriani metallica lob and nice clean opeth even country
I hate effects pedals. I regret every cent i spent on the $500 or so of effects pedals i have. Get a decent amp and you wont need any pedals. They're a nuisance and everything they do an amplifier can do.
Quote by TheQuailman
Jesus shit, did you just google "worst pedals on earth" and post the results?

I was n goin to asy that damnit

-1 ticky goodse
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Quote by vayne92
I hate effects pedals. I regret every cent i spent on the $500 or so of effects pedals i have. Get a decent amp and you wont need any pedals. They're a nuisance and everything they do an amplifier can do.

Oh so "decent" amps can do wah / phaser / delay sounds can they?

It all depends on your attitude to pedals.
Personally if i were the TS I would focus on the new amp for now as that will give you the biggest upgrade in tone rather than running an average MFX into an average amp.
Quote by Oldmonkeys
Oh so "decent" amps can do wah / phaser / delay sounds can they?

It all depends on your attitude to pedals.
Personally if i were the TS I would focus on the new amp for now as that will give you the biggest upgrade in tone rather than running an average MFX into an average amp.

Of course! My line 6 spider does all of those for less than the effects pedals cost.

Now for something completely different.

Ts-which roland are you looking at? And please use punctuation. I hate being a grammar nazi, but huge blocks of text screw with my head.
Gear-Ibanex rg7321 w/dimarzio pups--->Ernie Ball Jr. Vol pedal--->TS9-->Line 6 DL4--->ADA MP-1--->Marshall 9005 poweramp--->Line6 4X12 straight cab w/v30s
i no right im all about wah with the pedal to express it!! and yes some amps have awesome sounds i played on a joe satriani head and cab witch was awesome!! sounded great but where was the wah pedall to get that sound i want. i want 3 or 4 effects at once. chorus octaver and wah chorus so it has that nice pretty sound with octover so it sounds like 2 different guitar playen 2 different tones and the wah , if i cant have a pedal then i really dont wanna play. anyways i get both pedals friday. !!
i also have a question? i have a bugera 333xl infinium 2x12 combo and its very nice but it def needs that little extra umphhh....i want something that can handle low end due to the fact that i play 7 string guitars....any suggestions?
Quote by j98simon98
i also have a question? i have a bugera 333xl infinium 2x12 combo and its very nice but it def needs that little extra umphhh....i want something that can handle low end due to the fact that i play 7 string guitars....any suggestions?

This is not your thread.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!