I want to wear a tagelmust to keep my head cool during the summer. But I have a question about what it may mean to wear one.

Is it culturally insensitive(i.e. it is a special thing only certain people can wear/only during special occasions)?

Am I sending a message by wearing one?
I wonder that because I know wearing a keffiyeh can mean that you support Palestine.

This is what one looks like. I don't intend to cover my face with it though.

EDIT: Okay, the above pic might be a bad example, I'm thinking more like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GZnOJ1aIuQ, but again, not covering my face.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Last edited by rockingamer2 at Apr 24, 2011,
That's a terrible idea.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

If I see someone walking around downtown with one of those I will high five them.
Hey look, a stoner/doom album.

GENERATION 27: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

E-father of TheSPillow/Sam
E-brothers with Entity0009
You will look like an uncivilized fool.
Quote by Gabel
You are EXTREMELY WRONG! I have played it. I own an 18W and it would be an awful stereo amp, it's way too bright, breaks up too easily and so on. Secondly, why would a guitar store sell an hifi amp.
Quote by Vince Sixx
If I see someone walking around downtown with one of those I will high five them.

*Looks at location*

It might be me.

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
This tagelmust be driving me crazy.
Quote by Gabel
You are EXTREMELY WRONG! I have played it. I own an 18W and it would be an awful stereo amp, it's way too bright, breaks up too easily and so on. Secondly, why would a guitar store sell an hifi amp.
Quote by smartguyreviews
I really feel like that would make your head warmer... go sombrero

It's strange that dark baggy clothes work that way but they actually keep you cool if the temperature is just oppressively hot. The kind of hot when being naked doesn't even feel like you've taken enough clothes off.
If you must support israel, you could of course just carry a bagelcrust.
Quote by guitarxo

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Quote by fearofthemark
If you must support israel, you could of course just carry a bagelcrust.

It's not that I support Israel, I just don't want to deal with that message. But mostly I think a tagelmust looks cooler.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
I personally this it's a great idea! They definitely do serve their purpose and also make you look incredibly wise.
Strange, It seems like a character mutation, Though I have all the means, of bringing you fuckers down, I can't make myself, To destroy upon command, Somehow forgiveness, lets the evil make a loss - Danger Mouse/Sparklehorse/Wayne Coyne
Quote by MakinLattes
it would only offend the ignorant. it doesn't matter, they won't know why.

*scratches head in confusion*
Quote by Gabel
Quote by Fullmetalzawa
Just don't take any cabs.

Taking cabs? In Portland?

Bwahaha.
Hey look, a stoner/doom album.

GENERATION 27: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

E-father of TheSPillow/Sam
E-brothers with Entity0009
Quote by rockingamer2
It's not that I support Israel, I just don't want to deal with that message. But mostly I think a tagelmust looks cooler.

tagelmust? cooler than bagelcrust?

If you drop some cream cheese on a tagelmust, you look like a slob!

put it on a bagelcrust, and you have good taste
Quote by guitarxo

Quote by Bladez22

Quote by MakinLattes
I have no idea what I just said.

I don't know why, but this offends me.
Quote by Gabel
Quote by Dan_5893
Surely it doesn't get that hot in Oregon?

On the plus, put on a charming Oxford accent and pretend you're Lawrence of Arabia.

What, so I can pretend to be a Brit complaining about the wheather?

It's just too keep my head and neck cool. It doesn't get unbearable, but I figure I'd pick something up from people who know a thing or two about staying cool in hot weather.

EDIT: I'm not worried about judgments. Portland is a pretty liberal town.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Last edited by rockingamer2 at Apr 24, 2011,
Quote by MakinLattes
fool.

Quote by Gabel
Quote by ripple07

don't hate, educate.

I made that saying up just now, it's mine, no one else use it.

and yes, Oregon summers are like walking into purgatory and approaching hell while carrying a blazing sun on your back like some beacon of suffering.
it seems to me like they are more avoiding sunburn than it actually being that much cooler. that would explain why they roll and wrap a few times to get it standing further off the face than wearing a much smaller piece of cloth. i highly doubt you will be any cooler wrapping those around your head. just put on some sun screen...