So I'm thinking about trading my Telecaster (2000 Amer Std) for a Gibson SG Raw Power because the SG is a lot closer to the types of music that I actually play. From what I've seen from pics, it looks like it's in good condition and I'm meeting up with the SG owner tomorrow so we can both play the instruments and decide. What I'm wondering is if the guitars have similar value and if that SG Raw Power is good for thrash metal/prog type stuff?
Gear:

Squier Strat
Epiphone Explorer
Agile AL-3100

No AMP
how many all maple SG's have you heard?

i mean, most of them are made from mahogany or walnut.

try it and see what you think, i'd put the value of the tele a little higher than that SG.

good luck.

edit: also for metal i wouldn't want alnico "57 classic" pups. but ymmv.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Apr 25, 2011,
id say ur strat is worth more
pro tools operator certified
agile in-ceptor 727
gibson:les-paul studio
fender:strat
ibanez:prestiege s2170se s520ex
esp:ec-1000vb
splawn nitro kt88s
genz-bends g-flex

Quote by Punkismygod
U sure u want a floydrose? those things will make your nerves explode
Quote by selkies
id say ur strat is worth more

id say ur reeding skilz r falty.

he has a tele.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Tele is def worth more. And if you change the pickups to some EMGs or Seymore Duncans it'd be great for some types of prog. Just my two cents though :/
We are NOT meaningless

Sole member of
Diction & Diaries: Folk Indie with passion

Guitarist/lyricist for:

A CITY SKYLINE

"
I own, and play an SG, and want a Tele. But I would not give up my SG for anything, including a Tele. You want both! They are unique and very different, and both well worth the "price of admission". Save more, work harder, and own both! You won't be dissatisfied!
Quote by Ippon
Agreed! Everyone needs a Tele and an SG. Also, a Les Paul and a Strat.

I dunno, a strat and a les paul, forsure, a tele, maybe but not really, an sg, nah, quite possibly the least nice looking popular guitar

however, everyone needs a v, mmhhmm
I have a RGA42FM so I already have that Strat style guitar for metal, so I thought it would be cool to have a 24.75 scale guitar. I'm confused about the 'classic' pickups. They make me thing vintage when I hear the name but lots of reviews say the SG has a lot of bite to it. That and the guitar is called "Raw Power". I'm not sure if they're classic in the typical sense but I guess we'll have to see.

I know my Tele may be worth a little more but I think his SG is in a little better condition. I really like the idea of a maple fretboard on an SG with a pure natural finish too.
Gear:

Squier Strat
Epiphone Explorer
Agile AL-3100

No AMP
i was really impressed with the LP raw power i tried a while back, i really dug it. nice guitar. i don't know about your market, but that tele isn't worth $600 here if it were to be on CL. and SG standard and the like are going for maybe $700 +/-.

however if you feel yours is worth more, ask him to throw you $50 in addition to the SG.

bottom line, own what you like most. if you go and play his and you are happier with his guitar, that is the way to go.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/