Essentially, I find it very difficult to make friends my age (around 18-19), and when I even try to start a conversation with friends my own age I can't think of anything to say, which I'm sure is one reason I find it hard to make friends. With people older then me I can hold a conversation just fine.

I just can't think of anything to say and can rarely get a conversation past; "hi, how are you?" And it's not that we don't have the same interests, I honestly don't know what it is. I need people my age and just don't know where to start as I never really had many friends my own age, without them I basically just sit in front of the tv waiting for the day to be over, and contemplating why I can't make friends, that's no way to live, what can I do?
Talk about music. Surely you have more than a sentence worth of material on the topic of music. Talk about Guitars/Pedals/Amps/Bands etc
Strange, It seems like a character mutation, Though I have all the means, of bringing you fuckers down, I can't make myself, To destroy upon command, Somehow forgiveness, lets the evil make a loss - Danger Mouse/Sparklehorse/Wayne Coyne
it's the universe telling you to work on yourself more, play more guitar, do more exercise, whatever, make yourself so good that people just gravitate towards you
find some kind of club/group/gathering that is relevant to your interests where you can get together with people your own age and the organization's interest will make up a majority of the conversation.

generally though, i think youre just over-thinking things. most often, people dont really care what you say as long as you phrase it/work it into the conversation in an interesting and engaging way. small talk is mostly talking about bullshit that each party is only vaguely interested in anyways, structured around the circumstances of the present situation. then you just wade through enough small talk and hopefully you eventually strike upon something that is found to be mutually interesting. then a more personal, meaningful, and in-depth conversation can take place.

and if all else fails, just talk about sex or tell a story. everyone likes sex and stories.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Quote by NoLaurelTree000
find some kind of club/group/gathering that is relevant to your interests where you can get together with people your own age and the organization's interest will make up a majority of the conversation.

Quality suggestion. Maybe join an online community of like-minded individuals and consult them and let the conversation naturally flow.

wait...
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
Quote by NoLaurelTree000

and if all else fails, just talk about sex or tell a story. everyone likes sex and stories.

tell a story about sex youll make alot of freinds
Don't think, just let it flow, as hard as that can be sometimes. I tend to make most of my new friends while in the company of old friends, just because of the comfort factor
thanks, i think i've gained some insight into my condition that could help me, if anyone has any other suggestions i would appreciate it as well. and thanks for not just giving me a bunch of replies of "it's cuz you suck" and "quit whining" as is quite customary in the pit xD
i say use humor, it worked for me. tell them something funny that happened or whatever. Or just project positivity. people like hanging out with people who brighten their day