So i just uploaded a video of me playing one of my favorite songs and i want some input about my tone. Im just using the p pickup on my bass because the j makes it a bit too twangy for my tastes. Tips and suggestions are welcome.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=380AAA25eCY&feature=player_embedded
Quote by Bass First
Rump, a P-bass delivers a rump in the sound such that, similar to the rump on an African American woman, it is the highlight of the tone.
Average.
<Insert Witty Comment Here>

1981 Fender Lead I Seymour Duncan humbucker, Mesa BoogieIIIRectifer, MKIIRhodes,PRS
camera mic probably doesn't help, but cool unintentional simpsons intro
I'd say pretty average.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
It's ok.

BTW your playing that song all wrong.

EDIT:
Oh and cut your excess string from your tuning posts.
Quote by FatalGear41
In the end, the only question is: what bass would Jesus play?

I think he's a Fender Jazz guy.
Pretty meh, but you should look for a better version of that song, you're pretty off.
Also please cut the ends off your strings, it looks silly IMO
Quote by DosMos

Also please cut the ends off your strings, it looks silly IMO

he just needs to string it properly in the first place
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
I am not sure but I don't believe that all 4 strings are strummed for the double-stops.
<Insert Witty Comment Here>

1981 Fender Lead I Seymour Duncan humbucker, Mesa BoogieIIIRectifer, MKIIRhodes,PRS
Quote by gilly_90
he just needs to string it properly in the first place

I tried telling him that ages ago. .
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
idk i learned the song by the bass track and when i hook up a little overdrive it sounds right. and leaving strings uncut is a bad habit i have. im usually stoned when i change strings
Quote by Bass First
Rump, a P-bass delivers a rump in the sound such that, similar to the rump on an African American woman, it is the highlight of the tone.
Pro tip; you're supposed to cut the strings BEFORE you put them on.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB