No.
33 14%
I honestly don't know.
53 23%
It depends. (Explain)
27 12%
Voters: 234.
Page 1 of 3
...your wife is Pregnant. Boy or girl. You can pick whichever.

You go for a scan with your wife. Somehow, the Doctors discover that your unborn son / daughter has a serious disability or disfigurement.

Think Downs Syndrome, SERIOUS disfigurement etc etc

The baby is still within the LEGAL abortion limit.

Do you abort? Why?
RIP Tom Searle.
Probably not. I'm not really that much for abortions.

But if the wife wanted it, then yeah. Abandon ship.
I pick girl.

Her disability is that she's a lesbian.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
You can function pretty well with Downs. Not the best example.

If we're talking something that's gonna cause the eventual progeny a pretty agonizing existence, yeah, it would be kinder to cut that shit off now.

Defs thought this would be a boy or girl poll though. You sneaky hover bastard, you

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by Momentosis
I pick girl.

Her disability is that she's a lesbian.

Is your disability that you'd watch?

On topic, I dunno. It may sound selfish, but I don't know if I would have the strength to care for that child. I'm usually against abortion, except in cases of rape, incest, and if the mother's life is endangered (Not on a religious basis, dunno if there is a god. More on a "you didn't use a condom/ birth control/ plan b, take responsibility. Actions have consequences); but I've never thought of the baby having something wrong. I think, for the child's best interest, and if it's what my wife wanted, I would.
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
yeah was weird cause she liked us both but she loved him and for some reason she let me know beforehand.

i just wanted her poon and she wanted me to have her poon.

so i had myself some poon.
Last edited by Shirate at Apr 25, 2011,
Quote by Shirate
Is your disability that you'd watch?

I don't get it.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Depends on the disorder and what the ball and chain would want, but probably. Wouldn't want to see the kid have anything that is particularly agonizing later in life, and I have no qualms with abortion.
I've gone back and forth a few times while typing this. But I've decided that it depends on what the disability/disfigurement is. If it's something that would mentally impair him/her, I think I'd abort. But if it was physical, I don't think I would. As long as it wasn't anything that painful. If I was actually in the situation I might think differently though.

Edit: Oh never mind. I just want my kids to have good lives. If they're disabled/disfigured but can still have a good life, I won't abort.

Fuck it, i have no clue. Who wants kids anyway.
Last edited by geanes at Apr 25, 2011,
Quote by Momentosis
I don't get it.

it was a reference to him watching his daughter and her gf gettin it on...
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
yeah was weird cause she liked us both but she loved him and for some reason she let me know beforehand.

i just wanted her poon and she wanted me to have her poon.

so i had myself some poon.
only if the mom wants it and the babys life would be living hell
im not going to bring it up though i can only imagine the resentment if my kid found out that i thought of aborting it
Depends.

I mean, there's of course always the "It's hard to tell unless I'm in that situation." But that makes for a boring thread.

I personally right now would want to abort depending on where in the pregnancy she's at. I'm assuming it's sometime in the first 3 months. I wouldn't demand she abort it, as she's the one who would make the final decision.

Raising a child with a certain mental disability, depending on the condition and severity, can at times be rough for the parents and the marriage.
I've got albinism. I'm glad I wasn't aborted.

I'll probably talk it through with the mother in question.
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
I would.

I don't have the patience and courage to bring up a child in such a circumstance. It would also be unfair for the child, and, if I'm unlucky, at some point in the future, they will hate me for making the 'wrong decision'.

Of course, this is all just talk. Would I actually go ahead with it? Probably. But it's not 100%.
Quote by sfaune92
I've got albinism. I'm glad I wasn't aborted.

I'll probably talk it through with the mother in question.

You're Norwegian, who can tell?

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Certainly not for Down's syndrome. For something worse, not sure.
Depends on my girlfriend(/wifes) opinion on the matter too.

I don't think I would mind aborting. I wouldnt like the fact that I knowingly let the baby into the world with the disease/disorder and how it wont be able to live a "normal" life. No doubt it'd be bullied, stared at, discriminated against..
I couldnt let that happen to my child, and know that I couldve.. not put it through that
It's easy to sit here and say kill the little snot, but when it's yours, I imagine it's way different. If it were right now, I'd have to go with whatever my wife wanted. My personal choice would depend on the level of disability the child would have. If he's just gonna be a little slow, then sure, we'll work around it. Born without legs? Sure, go on. But if it's a degree of disability that would either shorten it's life drastically or leave it with no hope of independence, then I don't know. Every thing in me says don't abort, but I just don't know what I'd do. Ideally, I'd find a family willing to take him. But again, it's up to my wife.
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
I'd ask my wife, but I think I'd want to abort rather than put foetus through a poor quality of life. If it's within the legal abortion limit anyway, I think at least for myself I would rather it be aborted painlessly and peacefully before it suffered, rather than put it through years of suffering and hardship which I don't think I could prevent in spite of all my love and effort.
I'd abort. The kid AND us would have a miserable life and I'm not afraid to admit it.
Abort. It's not like it's a fully conscious person with dreams and goals in there that's just waiting to grow up. It's a cluster of cells.
PM me for newts
I know personally I could not handle that kind of situation, and as I've dealt with abortion of a fetus before without knowing if it had a disease/disfigurement, I'd surely do the same if I knew about it.
E-Father to itorch, Andrea55, guitarxo and BlessedRebel15
E-Grandpa to Basti95, davrockist, KitKat555, Mark Roxx, Renegade_Lobo
E-Bro to slash_GNR666
I blog...

Quote by Andrea55

New amp.

I get one.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Either way I would abort. I hate children, and I never want to deal with any of the filthy animals.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
I'd do it. probably feel guilty about it later on when having a healthy child living with the constant reminder that there was supposed to be another first birthday, another first day of school, another sibling, another face in the family portrait, etc.
#DTWD
I chose no because my wife would NOT be pregnant in the first place.
Quote by FatalGear41
In the end, the only question is: what bass would Jesus play?

I think he's a Fender Jazz guy.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Either way I would abort. I hate children, and I never want to deal with any of the filthy animals.

I don't know why but I laughed reading that.

OT: I really don't know. I don't want to have kids but if it would happen and I found out about that I guess I would abort. It's not fair to the child growing up and living that way. I wouldn't mind taking care of a person who's in that state because I have taken care of people with illnesses before. I guess I really wouldn't know until that situation arises.
STಠ_ಠ
if my mate agrees, okay...

in a natural environment, iif he/she would have an exceptionally hard time surviving, i wouldnt want him/her

i could explain more so i dont sound like a heartless bastardbut nah
Depends entirely on the disability. Down's syndrome still leaves people functioning well, so I wouldn't push for an abortion there. Maybe if it was *really* crippling.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Abort, don't think twice about it. Having to take care of down syndrome child (esp mine) would depress me each day, and I don't think I could take that.
If it was something where the baby would have a low chance of survival after birth or a condition that would be too expensive to take care of without causing excessive stress I would abort it.
cat
We have to kill the child!
Rotten Playground
Listen to me and Jameh muck about on a podcast
as if you have anything better to do.

Quote by Reverend_Taco
Grass stains on my dicks

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Pfft. Gay? Nah, gay is the manliest sex that exists.
I'd abort even if the kid was normal. Do not want kids.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
Quote by macaroni
^I'd eat it.

Not far enough?
would it taste like chicken embryo?
E-Father to itorch, Andrea55, guitarxo and BlessedRebel15
E-Grandpa to Basti95, davrockist, KitKat555, Mark Roxx, Renegade_Lobo
E-Bro to slash_GNR666
I blog...

Quote by Andrea55

Add a dash of lemon juice and sea salt

And maybe pepper?
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
Abort. This decision would be hard for everyone obviously, but I would consider an unborn foetus to be a potential future child rather than an actual child - as would anyone who is pro-choice - so essentially the choice is "would you like your next child to be disabled". Not only would I not want that, I don't think the child would.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Page 1 of 3