I'm looking at possibly changing that pickups on my Fender Tele. They came with Texas Specials as stock, but I'm wondering whether there's another pick up that anyone can recommend to add to the nice single coil, Tele tone.

I'm still not decided on whether I will change the pickups, and I expect that I'll get a thousand different answers. But, I'm looking for single coil pickups with plenty of Tele twang.

If it helps, I play indie, post-punk and alternative rock, and like the guitar sounds of Bloc Party's Silent Alarm album. Something along those lines would be great.
Fender American Special Telecaster w/ Bigsby
Fender MIM Jaguar
Digitech Whammy-->Korg Pitchblack Poly-->Dunlop Cry Baby-->Danelectro Pastrami Overdrive-->EHX Big Muff Pi-->Joyo Digital Delay
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe III Red October Edition
I use P-90's in mine >_>

EDIT: well, i would recommend BG Pickups. They're pretty nice.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Last edited by Banjocal at Apr 25, 2011,
You need a new amp :P
But seriously I think I saw your thread about AC30s.

I've always liked the sound of texas specials, though I guess they're quite hot. Maybe look at fender Custom Shop and Lollar.
The amp will be coming sometime next year, the earlier the better Line 6's are crap, I don't know what I was thinking at the time!

I'm thinking of putting P90s in an Epi Wilshire, and I don't want to butcher my tele to fit them

And, I looked at some Custom Shops, except most of them use Texas Specials. Are they different to regular Fender Texas Specials?
Fender MIM Jaguar
Digitech Whammy-->Korg Pitchblack Poly-->Dunlop Cry Baby-->Danelectro Pastrami Overdrive-->EHX Big Muff Pi-->Joyo Digital Delay
try the semour duncan quarter pound stl-3 and str-3 or the dimarzio area t combo my friend had the area t's and they sounded great when he played banquet
What is this so called..... Signature?
I wouldn't change them, at least wait for new amp until you decide to do so or to let it be.
Texas Specials are really nice pickups.
Last edited by JesusCrisp at Apr 25, 2011,
The problem with pickups is that you really can't try them out properly without paying for them...

Seymour Duncan seem to one of the most trusted names by far when it comes to pickups, so I'll definitely give them a look
Fender MIM Jaguar
First off as they said get the amp before changing them. I own a MIM tele I installed texas specials in, with a 4 way switch for the series option. It's currently an esquire with the texas special pickup in the bridge. I say keep the pickups add a 5 way switch and (if you can) wire it, neck, neck + bridge (series), neck + bridge (parallel), Bridge, Bridge open (no tone) You would have a serious beast capable of anything from metal, to the twangiest country. Also add 500k Pots.

If I recall the only difference in custom shop and the other tex spec, is the custom shop tend to have higher QC or something. Someone will leap in saying they are brighter, followed by someone saying they are darker, so take it all with a grain of salt.

Now I want to convert it back
Last edited by askrere at Apr 25, 2011,
Our guitar player just got a new USA Tele with their noisless pups and they sound amazing. Very Tele sounding, clean and noisless. they will also push a tube amp or work with a pedal very well. He can even get the Guns-N-Roses Sweet Child of Mine squeel with his pedalboard or typicl Tele twang.
1981 G&L L 1000
Dean Razor NT5
Dean Hardtail 5
Dean Sledge Hammer 5 Ash
Dean Sledge Hammer 5 Mahogany
Dean Edge 1-5
Dean Edge Q-6 string
Dean Rhapsody 4
Axle Acoustic bass
MiniStar 5 string bass
Dean DOA Caddilac
Dean V-Wing acoustic
I've heard that the Fender Noiseless's have no tone. I mean, I'd love to get rid of all of that hum, but I don't want to put my tone at risk.

I think I'll keep the Texas specials, for now at least, and after I've got a new amp and that sort of stuff, I'll see whether an update is worth it
Fender MIM Jaguar
^ sound decision imo
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix