Page 1 of 2
This ****ing disease is everywhere, and it's probably the most stealthy and unexpected sickness one can get. It seems that we're constantly surrounded by it everywhere and it chooses no victims. There are so many types and even the most health-conscious of people end up getting it.

I admit that I probably worry more than the next person even though I know that (as Baz Luhrmann puts it) "...worry, but know that worrying is as effective as trying to solve an algebra equation by chewing bubble gum." But hey, it's a reality of life that I just can't completely ignore.

I'm also quite the hypochondriac, I think. Frequently worried about various infectious diseases and possibly getting something from the most unlikely circumstances.
My family has a history of cancer. I don't really care if I get it. Cancer is something natural (though human influence has increased the chance of getting it in various unnatural ways). I just see these diseases as another thing which controls the human population.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
There's no use being worried about it, just aware of it. That way if you see any signs like lumps etc, then get them checked out as early as possible.
My family has a history of cancer, not much I can do about it. I did find a lump on my chest but my doctor said it was a cyst, I still need some testing.
STಠ_ಠ
No huge killer in this world is fair or specified, everything about this world is random and chaotic and remorseless. Cancer is no different, it's just as horrible and traumatizing as any other massive killer, so I'm just worried about dying young and unhappy.
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
im probably gonna end up with some form of cancer in my GI tract due to family history
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
My mom died of cancer... Although oddly enough I've never worried about getting it myself. I mean obviously I hope I don't, but I don't really see what I can do about it.
Quote by Highway60Bob
i've always been looking for a good excuse to **** my mom.
Found out the other day that my uncle has a large tumor in his bowel.

Feels bad man.

I don't know how I'd feel if I got cancer. I wouldn't be that upset myself, but I'd hate to see people around me getting upset.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
Quote by breadstick
but I'd hate to see people around me getting upset.

I'd love that!
I'm not worried about cancer because I know I'll get it eventually. Every relative I've known recently has passed away because of cancer and my mom had it so there's no point in agonizing over it
cat
I am gentically predisposed to cancer, what with my father, granmother on my mothers side, aunt on my mother's side and someone else i'm directly related to having had/still have cancer.
On top of that, i'm not the healthiest guy in the world.

Saying that i don't worry about it. What happens happens.

Shit could go three ways: I get cancer and die, I get cancer and live, I don't get cancer at all.

For the first one: Well, I'm dead. It was gonna happen eventually and really now I have no other worries to speak of, so it is not without it's pros.

Second, whey hey, I'm alive.

Third: Go to 2.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Quote by breadstick
I don't know how I'd feel if I got cancer. I wouldn't be that upset myself, but I'd hate to see people around me getting upset.

This, actually. This I think is worse that worrying for myself.

I'd hate to see my wife, dad, mom and siblings and really crushed by the news and devastated from that point onwards.

And of course I'll be worrying about their state of being when I'm gone...

who says your siblings will be crushed?
E Family
E-Son to OldiebutNewbie
E-Brother to Andrea55
E-Brother to guitarxo
E-Uncle to Basti95
Every second ad on australian television is about a different kind of cancer. I'm not a hypochondriac, but that shit is enough to make satan himself paranoid.
Planning on there being a solid cure for it before I get it.
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
Quote by Butt Rayge
Every second ad on australian television is about a different kind of cancer. I'm not a hypochondriac, but that shit is enough to make satan himself paranoid.

That ad about "Tanning is skin cells in trauma" makes it sound like the second sun hits your skin you develop cancer and die. Talk about scare campaign.
A lot of family members have had cancer and I'm a smoker. I really see no point in worrying about it because I know I'm going to get it.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
My grandma has it.
Quote by Athabasca
My ex did the same. Cheated on me and then acted like I'd given her sister a facial. Women are retarded.
I'm a proper hypochondriac. I hate it.

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."
Quote by TheBurningFish

Shit could go three ways: I get cancer and die, I get cancer and live, I don't get cancer at all.

For the first one: Well, I'm dead. It was gonna happen eventually and really now I have no other worries to speak of, so it is not without it's pros.

Second, whey hey, I'm alive.

Third: Go to 2.

you are a douche, "Whey hey im alive" do you know the recovery process of cancer? its probably one of the hardest and most painful things you can go through! especially with chemotherapy... obviously not everyone goes through this BUT to just say 'meh ill live' is the stupidest thing ive ever heard and is insulting to people that are struggling with this everyday

ITT: "oh wont matter ill be dead" hmm yeah Id love to see that as your reaction, its usually never a quick death and painful! you people need to go read a book or something!
Quote by funny_page
you are a douche, "Whey hey im alive" do you know the recovery process of cancer? its probably one of the hardest and most painful things you can go through! especially with chemotherapy... obviously not everyone goes through this BUT to just say 'meh ill live' is the stupidest thing ive ever heard and is insulting to people that are struggling with this everyday

ITT: "oh wont matter ill be dead" hmm yeah Id love to see that as your reaction, its usually never a quick death and painful! you people need to go read a book or something!

this.

my mum has had the cancer cut out, but now she has 6 months of painful chemo.
Quote by Tanglewoodguit
this.

my mum has had the cancer cut out, but now she has 6 months of painful chemo.

Sorry to hear this, I genuinely hope she makes a speedy recovery!
Quote by funny_page

>internet
>srs
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Quote by funny_page

Maybe this isn't the time or place to say this, but...

I think people should stop being offended/insulted by people who don't know what they're talking about. If we keep doing this people who don't know will be afraid to talk about it incase they offend anyone.

It's annoying when people aren't sure what they're allowed to say..

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."
Quote by Jiggzy.UK
Maybe this isn't the time or place to say this, but...

I think people should stop being offended/insulted by people who don't know what they're talking about. If we keep doing this people who don't know will be afraid to talk about it incase they offend anyone.

It's annoying when people aren't sure what they're allowed to say..

Well i assume that everyone knows that cancer isnt just something you get over

If you're gonna say something utterly stupid without even doing research then yes, you should be called up on it!
Quote by funny_page
Well i assume that everyone knows that cancer isnt just something you get over

If you're gonna say something utterly stupid without even doing research then yes, you should be called up on it!

Yeah, i know. Just don't get upset is all I'm saying. Maybe you didn't, i don't know. Sometimes it's hard to tlel with text.

Quote by Karl Pilkington
My grandfather and my great grandfather both died from it. heredity pretty much says I'm gonna get it. Yes, I'm terrified. they both died pretty young, too. My grandfather was only about 60 i believe.
Quote by asator
YOU'RE A CUNT AND STUFF LESPAUL1216.

It's okay because whatever, forever
there are ways to prevent cancer and other diseases that you develop

it's just about being healthy, the problem is knowing what is truly healthy, there are a lot of widely accepted misconceptions about health, doctors say and are taught things that arent necessarily the best and only options

dont eat pesticides and steroids, which you probably do without even realizing it

dan mcdonald the liferegenerator has good answers
Last edited by mizxou at Apr 25, 2011,
Quote by Banjocal
My family has a history of cancer. I don't really care if I get it.

A fiver says you would.

My grandad had leukaemia but, touchwood, I don't think any other relatives of mine have had cancer. You never know what cards life will deal you though so I think it's just important to make the most of each day.
Quote by CFH82
Ejaculate in MY moustache?!

Music is just wiggly air. Accept it or leave it.ಠ_ಠ
Cancer is nowhere near as endemic as people think. It's just the media (and people who know those with it) make a huge deal out of it because cancer is a scary word.

Quote by mizxou
there are ways to prevent cancer and other diseases that you develop

it's just about being healthy, the problem is knowing what is truly healthy, there are a lot of widely accepted misconceptions about health, doctors say and are taught things that arent necessarily the best and only options

dont eat pesticides and steroids, which you probably do without even realizing it

dan mcdonald the liferegenerator has good answers

My grandad died of cancer of the oesophagus. He was healthy and looked after himself. He only drank on special occasions, ate as closed to a balanced diet as a person could, didn't smoke, didn't do any form of drug and yet he died.

His father died of natural causes, 4 years after his son. He wasn't healthy, he drank almost non-stop and smoked like a house-fire.

My point is, being healthy means **** all. Live life how you want, don't waste it scared that something will shorten your life. It might do, it might not, but you were going to die anyway, at least now you'll die with another experience.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Last edited by Todd Hart at Apr 25, 2011,
Quote by Banjocal
My family has a history of cancer. I don't really care if I get it. Cancer is something natural (though human influence has increased the chance of getting it in various unnatural ways). I just see these diseases as another thing which controls the human population.

you wont be saying that when you are the population that is being controlled.

where is your god now?
Page 1 of 2