Hey guys.

at the moment im fixing the church that i go to's bass, because im the only guitaristthat knows how to change a pickup (which is sad cos im also the youngest). im debating what pickups to put in it.

i know it sounds funny for a church bass but im trying to recreate either a megadeth/anberlin kinda sound.

ive considered EMG simply because its solderless and they sound great, but ive noticed now that Seymour Duncan have solderless technology too. what do you guys think?

this came about cos the jack broke and everyone complains about the sound anyway so that was a good excuse to do some major work on the sound
in my opinion either the SDs or the EMGs will give you that kinda sound, i would say go to youtube and listen to some demos/reviews.

to be perfectly honest, your tone will be affected so much more by your amp/pedals anyway, that you may find you don't hear much improvement in the sound until you mess with the EQ on your bass amp.
My Setup:
Fender Aerodyne Jazz Bass,
Fender USA Jazz Bass
Hartke LH1000,
Hartke Hydrive 410,
Sansamp BDDI,
Electro-harmonix Black Finger Compressor.
What sort of bass is it anyway? I'd go with Duncans over EMGs if it were me.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ASTRAL PANDA σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Last.fm
its not a fender p bass but its very similar. Magnum i think, but i couldnt find it anywhere on the internet, the closest thing i could find to a magnum is those wierd guitars that Eastwood makes.
Quote by MitchRB
its not a fender p bass but its very similar. Magnum i think, but i couldnt find it anywhere on the internet, the closest thing i could find to a magnum is those awesome guitars that Eastwood makes.

Fixed.

Get a pic of the bass, we can provide better reccomendations that way!
"Punk Rock should mean freedom, liking and accepting anything that you like, as sloppy as you want, as long as it's good and has passion."
I've got a set of EMG PJXs on my Precision Special Deluxe. They sound AWESOME! I went with them becaause I thought they sounded a little bassier with less mids that the Seymour Duncans. Mine are active, so I cut a groove for the battery based on the size and shape of the cover I bought. You can probably just stick the battery under the pickguard. Although, It won't be easy to change. But, if it's only used on sundays, it should last a good long while.
"Quick to judge. Quick to anger. Slow to understand. Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand-in-hand."
- Rush, "Witch Hunt"
yea, its used max 2 days a week, for youth on fridays and 2 services on sunday. but i dare say with EMG's in it itll be used a whole lot more