My current guitars:
1980/90's ish Epiphone Les paul
PRS Paul Allender

Basically, i have £850 to spend on a new axe. But, i don't know which. I play a lot of heavy metal stuff, but also play rock (zeppelin and guns) The metal i play is mostly Trivium, killswitch engage etc.

I've been looking at a LTD Ec-1000 Deluxe in black cherry. And i've played one aswell, and liked it. But i thought i'd see what everyone elses thoughts were

Any recommendations?
Rr5!!!!
Originally Posted by jazar94
Oh God, anal masturbation with a banana.
Wait...
**** YEAH! ANAL MASTURBATION WITH A BANANA!

Quote by Silent Murder
This man knows his cleaning essentials.

It'll smell nice afterwards too
Look at importing a new guitar from America, it usually comes out way cheaper and might bring in some guitars just out of your price range.
I should probably add, i may be a metalhead, bu i don't like any of these flying v's and pointy ended guitars. I'd prefer to stick to a les paul'ish shape
I have this problem a lot, so many nice guitars to choose from. I'm thinking about getting the ec-1000 too but im not really into the inlays, they're just so random and weird

i got no recommendations for you sorry
i would like them if they were even but i totally dont get them as they are

so much so that i will probably get a les paul instead
haha i thought they were books

they might as well just put random shapes on there
what amp do you have? that's a lot to be spending on a guitar if you're running an MG, for example.

what percentage of brootz and rock do you play? there's no point in getting something which won't do br00tz as well if you only play classic rock 5% of the time (plus presumably your epi could cover rock).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i run a line 6 spider III. I've been considering a tube amp, but they cost so much for something nice :O

My epi could cover rock tbh, and honestly with my style of playing even i it is rock, i seem to always prefer to have the gain up quite a bit anyway
how long will it take you to get a kickass amp like that? I mean if you're going to get one soon then there's no problem in spending £800 on a guitar, but if spending the £800 on the guitar means you can't afford the amp for like 5 years...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?