Poll: Interested in participating?
Poll Options
View poll results: Interested in participating?
Yes
15 79%
No
4 21%
Voters: 19.
Just to get an idea of how many would be interested in participating if we have another one, I thought I'd set up this poll.
Quote by jpnyc
You are what they call a “rhythm guitarist”. While it's not as glamorous as playing lead you can still get laid. Especially if you can sing and play.

Beer is the solutions to the world's problems.

I'm down! But it'll have to be before july cause after that summer jobs go into the full swing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAHellraiser
Go into Guitar Center and tell them you are willing to spend $3000 on as many Spider and MG half stacks as they can give you.
Hell's Yes!
Only play what you hear. If you don't hear anything, don't play anything.

—Chick Corea
Tentatively, it looks like a good idea if we have the duel in June then?
Quote by jpnyc
You are what they call a “rhythm guitarist”. While it's not as glamorous as playing lead you can still get laid. Especially if you can sing and play.

Quote by hitman_47
Just to get an idea of how many would be interested in participating if we have another one, I thought I'd set up this poll.

you mean like a battle of the band
Quote by Twist of fate
Why must the fat die young
I was thinking about maybe a max of 4 stages. That leads to a maximum of 16 contestants. Anything under that goes, I guess.
Quote by jpnyc

hitman, I organized the first one a few years ago and wouldn't mind helping you out if you want.
Get off my lawn.
Quote by HawkaLuigi
hitman, I organized the first one a few years ago and wouldn't mind helping you out if you want.

Yeah, that would be awesome! What do you think about what we have so far?
Quote by jpnyc

Quote by Axegrinder#9
wtf is the point of these blues duels again? or are they just for fun?

They're just for fun. However, a lot of people get to listen to your music and give you constructive (and sometimes harsh) criticism. You get to know your strong and weak points, and there are some brilliant, sophisticated players on this forum. You get to learn a whole lot about recording, arranging, and presenting a track. Its the only place where a noob would get to go up against a master and have the master tell him what's wrong, outside of a classroom.

For me, it has been one of the greatest learning experiences.

Also, for the same reasons, I think it would be a good idea to use the same backing track. Perhaps someone could put up a link to some backing tracks? We could either select one at random or vote for it.
Quote by jpnyc

Quote by Axegrinder#9
admirable incentives, but I wonder if those goals are really met. nevertheless.

It depends on you, actually. Put the effort in, and its definitely bound to pay off. As for someone more experienced who's competing, it hardly takes a few moments to give you pointers.

It's fairly straightforward.
Quote by jpnyc