Searchbar'd and nothing found, so...

Whats your favourite bass fuzz pedal?

I currently dont own any, but I'm hoping to pick one up soon. I've been looking at the MXR El Grande. Anyone know any other good pedals for more groove/funk stuff? Thanks in advance.

Also, I have an active bass and I've read somewhere that using a fuzz with an active bass is bad. How so?
Member Of The Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians only.

I Play the Bagpipes.

they actually are a pleasant instrument.
Some fuzzes, like the Woolly Mammoth, dont get on with Active basses, and sound horrid, it's generally older style fuzzes that this happens with.
My fave fuzzes are the Wounded Paw Attack Goat and the ol' supercollider!
Im rockin my old Blow Torch atm,but its not really a ful on fuzz,more a mix of fuzz and distortion,and I deffo think Im gonna change it up for something more fuzzy soon...just keepin my eyes peeled for something extra badass
Quote by the humanity
I'm just joking Moog. you know nothing can tear our friendship apart, not even the fact we are miles apart, I am right there beside you, yelling, "Chug it, ya little wimp!"
My bass player uses a Gallien Kruger distortion. I'm not too sure whether it's fuzz or crunch, but it's not too shabby.
I personally use an Electro Harmonix Big Muff Pi, and there's a bass version of that which, if anything like it's guitar counterpart, will be amazing.
Fender American Special Telecaster w/ Bigsby
Fender MIM Jaguar
Digitech Whammy-->Korg Pitchblack Poly-->Dunlop Cry Baby-->Danelectro Pastrami Overdrive-->EHX Big Muff Pi-->Joyo Digital Delay
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe III Red October Edition
I own an Electroharmonix Big Muff Pi. It's a pretty good pedal, gives you everything from soft fuzz to distortion.
Quote by FatalGear41
In the end, the only question is: what bass would Jesus play?

I think he's a Fender Jazz guy.
With an active bass you want something with a band eq on it as this really helps, or even if you can match your signal to the input of the actual pedal to make it work better. An MXR blowtorch or wounder paw attack goat would be good.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
I own a Blackouts Effectors Dual Fuzz but it's a bit on the splatty side of fuxx though.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
There's a lot less directly searchable material than I would have thought, since fuzz questions get bundled in with distortion ones or general effects pedals on bass threads I guess. But c'mon, you didn't really search did you?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1381285&highlight=best+bass+fuzz

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1294374&highlight=best+bass+fuzz

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1288189&highlight=best+bass+fuzz

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1202345&highlight=best+bass+fuzz

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1016296&highlight=best+bass+fuzz

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1004098&highlight=best+bass+fuzz

Start looking at www.bassfuzz.com and go from there, there's a lot of reasonable smaller business stuff that comes from places other than GC or MF and can be a lot more fun, so just searching bass fuzz on a major retailer site is a poor way to start looking for one. Coming here was a good idea though.

The fuzz that gets the most use on my bass board is my GGG-tuned Muff. It comes in a kit from generalguitargadgets, or you can get the blue beard fuzz and it's the pre-built same thing.
I have an odb3, but its not really my thing. Bit too br00tal. Selling it on here if anyone's interested
Gonna get a modded NYC big muff hopefully, again off this site
I'm selling an ernie ball wah pedal. Buy my ernie ball wah pedal.
Wah pedal.

Quote by 23dannybhoy23
That's got to be my all time favourite online death threat

Quote by smokeysteve22

My chest hurts after that.
I've owned:

-Devi Ever Legend of Fuzz
-Devi Ever Cherry Pop
-EBAudio Supercollider
-Malekko B:Assmaster
-BE Musket Fuzz
-ZVEX Wooly Mammoth
-Chunk Systems Brown Dog
-Sandfordandsonny Bluebeard Fuzz
-EHX NYC Muff
-EHX Bass Muff
-EHX Black Russian Muff
-EHX Green Russian Muff
-EHX Triangle Muff
-EHX Ram's Head Muff
-WH Swollen Pickel
...and a few DIY Clones

Out of all of those, the only 2 i have now are the EHX Bass Muff and the Bluebeard fuzz. The rest were sold/bartered because they weren't what i needed or wanted in a fuzz.

Fuzzes have a wide variety of tones. Go out and try as many as possible, and spend time with each. Different models have different settings, and different sensitivities.

Good luck, dude!
"Punk Rock should mean freedom, liking and accepting anything that you like, as sloppy as you want, as long as it's good and has passion."
I got a EHX Big Bass Muff Pi & a Tech 21 XXL Bass.

The Big Bass Muff is a very good pedal for its price, and with the right setup blends really well within a band setting.
The XXL Bass pedal is pretty good as well, it's a bit more versatile, as you can go from a warm fuzzy sound to a highly aggressive distortion, but loses a bit of 'thickness' compared to the EHX pedal.
I run a boss ds-2 into a big muff,then into a nicely driven tube amp,with a clean signal blended in to retain some low.Very unique sound,I can say.
As for actives,I know my setup sounds horrid with actives.
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.
ZVex also make the Mastotron, a very similar pedal to the Mammoth which is designed to work with active basses too.
Quote by Sizzleby
I could watch your avatar for hours.
Quote by thewho65
It's official: apparently, the U.K. is a nation of trolls.

ORANGE AMPLIFIERS Endorser and Proud.
The Russian Big Muff is amazing with bass. It gives you a superb amount of balls to your sound.