I'm looking to get a new amp as a step up from my line 6 spider 30 watt.

I need something not extremely loud but I that can get some good overdrive out of and also some nice clean tone as well. I would be playing heavy rock/various styles of metal.

It needs to be good to use for band practice to get over the drummer and bass guitarist.
I was thinking that a 50 watt would be about right.

I'd prefer if it was a tube amp. I'm currently using a epiphone SG 310 with hopes of getting a Jackson DXMG Dinky as my main guitar for gigs.

If anyone has an suggestions let me know.
Marshall MA50 combos come in at about $1000. Are you looking more for a combo or stack?
Fender American Special Telecaster w/ Bigsby
Fender MIM Jaguar
Digitech Whammy-->Korg Pitchblack Poly-->Dunlop Cry Baby-->Danelectro Pastrami Overdrive-->EHX Big Muff Pi-->Joyo Digital Delay
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe III Red October Edition
Quote by mark66saints
Marshall MA50 combos come in at about $1000. Are you looking more for a combo or stack?

Most likely combo right now.

it needs to be portable.
Then the MA50 should definitely be on your list. I'm not too sure what else is available in that range, though
Fender American Special Telecaster w/ Bigsby
Fender MIM Jaguar
Digitech Whammy-->Korg Pitchblack Poly-->Dunlop Cry Baby-->Danelectro Pastrami Overdrive-->EHX Big Muff Pi-->Joyo Digital Delay
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe III Red October Edition
Honestly you're not going to find much for $1000 even used at the moment. First thing to mind is a Carvin X100B but you'll need a cab. The new Orange Dual Terror is very nice too but good luck finding one for under $1000.
A peavey vk i guess,but it cant do metal
Gear:
Peavey 6505 120W Head
Ibanez Rga32 (FOR SALE)
Laney Lv412a Cab(FOR SALE)
Soon To Get::
Boss DD20
Morley Bad Horsie II