Danelectro Blue Paisley
EHX Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
Dunlop Crybaby
EHX Deluxe Memory Boy
Egnater Tweaker

Quote by Jackal58
Yer pretty fly for a Canadian.
It's an old one then,

I'm still puzzled about the serial number though.
When I type it in, it says:

Serial number unrecognized

Your guitar may have been made prior to 1977, in that case you may need to use the Vintage Panel, simply select all the options that best describe your guitar. If you are still having difficulties please contact the webmaster.
i think it's a custom shop model (it does have the custom shop logo on the back of the headstock), so you won't be able to identify the serial number properly - the custom shops use a different serial number format depending on the model and the serial number recognition thing gets confused by that because some reissues have 1950s or 1960s serial number formats.

the serial number is by no means a mark of authenticity and should not be treated as such. the actual font of the serial number is the only thing that looks a bit "off". all the other details seem accurate, if a bit unusual - it's probably some kind of 1990s limited run.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
it's not a 1964. that's for sure.

also the serial number script looks completely wrong to me.

just at a glance.

i'm skeptical. i'm not saying it's a fake, it's just that all the info here doesn't add up.

edit: dammit i got blompsniped again.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Apr 25, 2011,
^^^

I was skeptical of the '64 date, but I wasn't sure so I wanted to let someone else jump in on that.

Quote by Döj
It's an old one then,

I'm still puzzled about the serial number though.
When I type it in, it says:

Serial number unrecognized

Your guitar may have been made prior to 1977, in that case you may need to use the Vintage Panel, simply select all the options that best describe your guitar. If you are still having difficulties please contact the webmaster.

I used the Vintage Panel and put in some info about the guitar (like where the serial # is located). However, the serial number is NOT going to give you the most accurate date. If you can somehow get the numbers from the pots, that's ideal.
Fender American Vintage '62 Stratocaster
Gibson Les Paul Custom
TC Electronic Polytune
Danelectro Blue Paisley
EHX Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
Dunlop Crybaby
EHX Deluxe Memory Boy
Egnater Tweaker

Quote by Jackal58
Yer pretty fly for a Canadian.
Last edited by Jimmy_Page_Zep at Apr 25, 2011,
or simply call gibson with the serial number...

they are helpfull and can tell you what that serial numbered guitar should be.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Those with Sparkle finish are hard to come by, and they're expensive when they show.
I'd love to own one someday.
My serial # is 3 xxxx and it is written the same way as yours. Mine is not a custom shop though.
The first digit indicates the year. Mine is a 1993, so that should make yours a 1996. I bought mine brand new off the shelf in 93 so there is no mistake there.
It doesn't show to well in pictures but my gold finish has the sparkle to it aswell so that may be just how they finished them back then.
YA GOTTA HIT IT ON THE ONE
pics of gear updated on profile 11/16/09
I just tried that serial # link and it said the same thing about mine being made prior to 1977 which is entirely wrong.
So that site should not be used as an all encompassing truth, maybe more of a rough guide.
YA GOTTA HIT IT ON THE ONE
pics of gear updated on profile 11/16/09