Looking for a decent mix. Myspace.com/brutalstl let me know if you can help.
Reverbnation.com/offthewitness
Sweet, Sounds cool...How can we get you the files??? Was recorded with Cubeace.
I'd be happy to do a mix too, as for the files - the best way for a few people to offer you their mixes would be if you export all the audio files from the session, put them in a .zip file and upload it to a file hosting site like dropbox or megaupload.
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
ok great thanks guys...

I will get in contact with the friend who has them and tracked it. Will get them up on one of those sites and get back with you asap.
No problem, could actually get some interesting mixes if enough people get involved. This sort of thing happens quite often on some other forums I frequent, and would bea cool thing to have here - heck if there's much interest in the thread I may even put some stuff up for people's mix practise and hope others do the same in time
Quote by DisarmGoliath
No problem, could actually get some interesting mixes if enough people get involved. This sort of thing happens quite often on some other forums I frequent, and would bea cool thing to have here - heck if there's much interest in the thread I may even put some stuff up for people's mix practise and hope others do the same in time

Yeah I actually have about 6-7 people wanted to do a mix. Some of which are from the Reaper forum.
lol well, I dont have anything really cool.

How about whatever mix we decide to go with. That person gets a Metal Zone Pedal? lol Thats all I really have. Or money or something IDK any suggestions?

Recording Reveiw has this same exact thing but the winner actually gets something cool.

http://forum.recordingreview.com/f126/rules-prizes-37470/

Winner gets a free PCle Quad or Satellite Quade from UAD
Last edited by maddnotez at Apr 25, 2011,
Well, i dunno about rewarded contest. Maybe just recognition for future work could be something? Like a customer review for people hoping to get into the production scene.

...or head?
Well you might be able to catch a hummer from our bassist hes a little fruity.

But yeah, definitely paid future work on a real album, but I couldnt garuntee any good label is going to pick us up. (although I have seen it happen with much worse)
Yeah, you don't need to offer a reward! The reward is that someone chooses to use your work/is championed by others, and we get a chance to see the different ways people approach the mix. Additionally, people can help each other improve parts of the mix that one may have nailed while the other doesn't and vice versa
It's also work for both parties. The producer as portfolio work and the band because they get songs produced. Whoever makes the best mix get's a review from the band?
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Yeah, you don't need to offer a reward! The reward is that someone chooses to use your work/is championed by others, and we get a chance to see the different ways people approach the mix. Additionally, people can help each other improve parts of the mix that one may have nailed while the other doesn't and vice versa

I would be glad to conclude on here with all stems or mixes if all parties are ok with it. I think its a good idea, and can maybe start that kind of a thread here.

I know some other forums have a mix of the month sort of thing, where everyone starts with same basic tracks, post stems after their mix and provide Q&A, really helpful to mixers still learning things. Doesnt have to be just metal, can change genre every time.
Quote by Afroboy267
It's also work for both parties. The producer as portfolio work and the band because they get songs produced. Whoever makes the best mix get's a review from the band?

Yeah that would be good too. Would do that for sure, maybe you would have a template of some sort to use for the reveiw. That would look good in a portfolio
Quote by maddnotez
I would be glad to conclude on here with all stems or mixes if all parties are ok with it. I think its a good idea, and can maybe start that kind of a thread here.

I know some other forums have a mix of the month sort of thing, where everyone starts with same basic tracks, post stems after their mix and provide Q&A, really helpful to mixers still learning things. Doesnt have to be just metal, can change genre every time.

Yeah, good idea. Maybe start a poll for people to vote too when they're mixed and mastered?
What would be the name?

UG's Mix, Rate, and Compare is all I can think of.
Quote by maddnotez
What would be the name?

UG's Mix, Rate, and Compare is all I can think of.

Maybe.

Also i think it would be worth uploading files separatly. It would save upload sizes.

Get the drum files, compress as Drums.rar or Drums.zip and upload. Guitars as Guitars.rar or Guitars.zip. Bass, vocals, etc. Upload them separatly on the same website and provide links on here. Should get some interesting responses.
Monthly Mixathon?

If enough people are up for it, I don't mind doing the paperwork, so to speak, and creating the thread, polls and so on Maybe someone could make a discussion thread for it before any rules are set in stone though, so we don't derail this thread too much?