Yes
168 68%
No
36 15%
////
43 17%
Voters: 247.
Page 1 of 4
Do you agree with that? I don't. I've always hated flying. How is a plane safer than a car, train, or boat? You're thousands of feet up in the air. If something really bad happens, like an engine failing or airplane collison, you're screwed. A car crash or boat sinking is much more surviveabe than a plane crash.

What do you think?
Yeah, aren't Aeroplane crashes really really incredibly rare? Car is probably the least safe.
Quote by uk.mace
This man is smart.

Quote by guitar-guy69
you spelt colors wrong

Tweet me bro.
Safest? Probably...since plane crashes are rare since there is less of them ****ing around up there and any douche can get a car (even without a license)

I suppose if you go down in a plane, ya go down in a plane...not much you can do haha
Last edited by Hot_Money420 at Apr 25, 2011,
if something does happen, you're ****ed.

but the chances of something happening are significatnly less than the chances of something happening in a car or something. So yes, it is safer.
Quote by abdulalhazred

Quote by RPBiohazard

Careful, guys, she might be a pitophile

you misspelled pedophile

Quote by Garou1911
^
But the total number of plane crashes is lower than car crashes; so it's safer

*edit*
Wow, this is pretty sad...I didn't think so many of the first posts would be people who have heard the statistic "less plane crashes than car crashes" and assume it means the former is safer...IT'S ONLY BECAUSE THERE IS AN INCREDIBLY HIGHER AMOUNT OF CAR TRAVEL, THUS LEADING TO AN INCREDIBLY HIGHER AMOUNT OF CAR CRASHES.

If everyone flew a plane to work/soccer practice/their parents' house/McDonalds/etc, there would be a whole lot more plane crashes.
Schecter C-1 Elite-->BOSS ME-20-->B-52 AT100 2x12

Quote by laid-to-waste
Extremely attractive woman.
extremely attractive
oh baby
EDIT: you're a guy. shit.
...an extremely attractive guy.
extremely attractive
oh baby

E-Paramour of Andrea55
Last edited by Beautiful at Apr 25, 2011,
It's statistically the safest way to travel per kilometre.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Last edited by Ur all $h1t at Apr 25, 2011,
This is hardly a debatable issue. I'm sure there can be - and probably have been - studies that show the danger of each vehicle. That being said, I read somewhere that you are more likely to die whilst driving to the airport than on the plane.
The number of airplane accidents or crashes are so incredibly low, you're unlikely to ever be involved in one.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
It's statistically the safest way to travel.

Source?
well, if there were the same number of planes in the air as there are cars, there would be a shitstorm worse than cars. so no, not safer.

in today's society, sure, statistically anyway.
"I specialize in driving a set like I'm driving a Lexus" - Uncle Mez
Quote by Ur all $h1t
It's statistically the safest way to travel per kilometre.

This

Flying is awesome. People shouldn't be so afraid of it.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Car ----> risk of death if something goes wrong = meh ---> Not many safety procautions

Plane ----> risk of death if something goes wrong = 99.99999% ---> tonnes of safety

If all the safety precautions weren't made for planes, it would be dangerous. But everything is done down to the CM.
I love flying
Quote by Kumanji
How about you don't insult my friend's dead mum, you prick.

Quote by JDawg
Too be he had to be a dick about his crayons.
Quote by laid-to-waste
well, if there were the same number of planes in the air as there are cars, there would be a shitstorm worse than cars. so no, not safer.

This is the logical answer...there isn't even a way to debate it.

Quote by laid-to-waste
extremely attractive
oh baby
extremely attractive
oh baby

E-Paramour of Andrea55
Quote by vagelier
Source?

Look up statistics for automobile deaths and plane deaths. Compare. There you go.
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
Quote by laid-to-waste

Yea but that isn't the case.

If my feet were on fire, walking would be would be a shitstorm worse than cars.
Quote by izbbass
Look up statistics for automobile deaths and plane deaths. Compare. There you go.

There are more means of transport than automobiles and airplanes.
The people who voted yes would also claim it's safer to travel by rocket booster-equipped Hoverrounds, simply because there would be no deaths due to the lack of rocket booster-equipped Hoverrounds.

Quote by laid-to-waste
extremely attractive
oh baby
extremely attractive
oh baby

E-Paramour of Andrea55
Quote by vagelier

Then look them ALL up
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
Flying is awesome and comparitively safe primarily because of the massive consequences of a crash - it makes us aerofags all paranoid so we can overdesign your planes with ridiculous safety factors in mind. Don't you worry Hildebrandt, jump on that plane, we'll keep you nice and safe.

Quote by laid-to-waste

Quote by Beautiful
The people who voted yes would also claim it's safer to travel by rocket booster-equipped Hoverrounds, simply because there would be no deaths due to the lack of rocket booster-equipped Hoverrounds.

we non-dimensionalise to make sure the population sizes don't fuck with the results.
Last edited by LordBishek at Apr 25, 2011,
Quote by Beautiful

I voted yes and I don't believe that.
Quote by jestsumguy
Do you agree with that?

Airplanes being the safest way of traveling =/= Opinion

It's fact. You know, statistics and shit.
Quote by vagelier

*Takes train through Atlantic*
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by Greenie_777
I voted yes and I don't believe that.

Logically, it's the same assumption.

Less deaths = more safe

Quote by laid-to-waste
extremely attractive
oh baby
extremely attractive
oh baby

E-Paramour of Andrea55
Maybe you're statistically more likely to get into a car accident but plane crashes are SUCH a horrific way to die, you have a few minutes of terror as the plane falls, then it crashes and your bones are all shattered, then you burn to death unable to move.
Quote by Beautiful

Less deaths = more safe

Well I mean there is probably a tonne less injurys aswell considering your either sitting down doing nothing or hitting the ground at 200 mph. I mean people sprain their ankles and trip over while walking whereas sitting on a plane their aren't many hazards.

So yea I'd say less deaths and very little injurys means safer. Sounds like a pretty good assumption to me.

What would you say is the safest?
Last edited by Greenie_777 at Apr 25, 2011,
Quote by Beautiful

Less deaths = more safe

...Not really. It's not the same because your example doesn't exist.

Planes crash much less often and kill fewer people than cars, not to mention they have extensive safety measures and fail safes that cars do not have.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
And the fact that aero engineers aren't morons and can actually analyse statistics always helps too.
Quote by IzRG350
Maybe you're statistically more likely to get into a car accident but plane crashes are SUCH a horrific way to die, you have a few minutes of terror as the plane falls, then it crashes and your bones are all shattered, then you burn to death unable to move.

Car crashes are, of course, notoriously pleasant and fluffy.
Page 1 of 4