████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I barely ever read ever but the best book I've read was.

Homicide: A Year on the Killing Streets by David Simon.

If you havn't read this and you enjoyed the wire then I could not recommend it more.
Quote by asterroid
whats this?

Atheist propaganda.
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Not much of a reader, but I got 1984 the other day and I enjoyed it very much, used it as as trivet.
Quote by CoreysMonster

Best. book. ever.

Shooperb choice. The TV series was excellent aswell.
Founder Of The "Jimmy Page Stole All Of My Potential Riffs" Club PM To Join!.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Meh, I usually just buy them off the local shaman, unless I'm in the wilderness, where I rely on raw meat to raise my HP.
i read war of the worlds a million times.....(catcher and the rye too).....i like alot of tom clancy novels as well,other then that.....only thing i read are guitar books and magazines.
Quote by CoreysMonster

Best. book. ever.

AGREED.

Quote by vagelier
Not much of a reader, but I got 1984 the other day and I enjoyed it very much, used it as as trivet.

I've actually been meaning to read that. Would you recommend?
Harry Potter lol
Also Dan Brown's books are pretty good, can anyone suggest anything similar?
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series is the best series ever, followed closely by Ender's Game.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
my chemical romance are a bunch of homos making love to a mic and you like that cuz your a huge gay wad. You should feel pathetic for being such a gaywad you gay mcr loving gaywad olllol.
Quote by asterroid
I've actually been meaning to read that. Would you recommend?

Much so yes, a friend of mine said it was great and it provided a great ole fire for their barbecue.
I really liked the Great Gatsby and A Land Remembered. But these days I am sticking to the non-fiction genre.
Animal Farm and 1984 are my favorite. Hamlet is my other favorite.

I like to read boring non-fiction books. Except they're hella interesting.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
I like scifi and fantasy books. I think the Dragonriders of Pern and the Cygnet series need more acclaim. Ursula LeGuin and Madeleine L'Engle are also two greats. I just realize I mentioned all female authors. I also really like Robert Cormier and Christopher Moore.

my favoritist favorites are the Chronicles of Amber by Roger Zelazny, Dune (Herbert), Foundation (Asimov), the Ender's Game series (Card), LotR (no need for author, I hope), and the Wheel of Time (Jordan). oh, HHGG, too.

I think my favorite depressing book is the Romantic by Barbara Gowdy.
Last edited by MakinLattes at Apr 25, 2011,
I read a ton of Russian Lit when I have time, and other than that Catch-22, stuff by Laurens Van Der Post, and anything by Matthew Reilly (who is the most over the top action writer I've ever read).
Quote by Reisgar42
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series is the best series ever, followed closely by Ender's Game.

+1 Impeccable taste.
I really enjoyed Series of Unfortunate Events except it was quite confusing in the last 2/3 books. Slash's book is a bloody good read, i've read it about 10 times haha.
Quote by uk.mace
This man is smart.

Quote by guitar-guy69
you spelt colors wrong

Tweet me bro.
Quote by Reisgar42

This guy knows whats up. I have the unabridged version and its great. 800 pages...but still worth it. Its got HGttG, Restaurant, So long..., life+universe+everything, young zaphod and mostly harmless
"[Bleach] is mostly water, and we are mostly water, therefore we are bleach"

I feel we should go to...

Purple Alert
Quote by Kensai
Atheist propaganda.

on topic, probably harry potter.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

I know they are books you read when you were younger but how badass was The Hachet or The Giver?
Quote by K Reyn
I know they are books you read when you were younger but how badass was The Hachet or The Giver?

very, very badass. what about Julie of the Wolves? she ate wolf vomit ffs.
I read the Silmarillion and Animal Farm last week and I loved them both
Yes my username is my real name. I did that because I've got BALLS

Quote by CG Man16
But we all know gay people want to rape every straight male they see.... Especially children, all gay people are pedophiles. Fact.

The Giver was my favorite book until I read 1984 and Animal Farm. So badass.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
I have read every nick stone book by andy mcnab just because i allways get given them by people for birthdays/christmas, not bad,might actually buy the new one, i once read one of the redwall books,
Gear:

Jackson DKMG pro
Schecter omen exreme 7
Tanglewood Che Guivara mk.1
Brunswick electro acoustic

peavey 412ms
some rack stuff
Quote by Frank_Black
+1 Impeccable taste.

Same to you for your username. I just saw the Pixies in Milwaukee Saturday night, it was amazing.

Quote by soulsablaze
This guy knows whats up. I have the unabridged version and its great. 800 pages...but still worth it. Its got HGttG, Restaurant, So long..., life+universe+everything, young zaphod and mostly harmless

In the black fake-leather-bound (I don't know what that material actually is) one book? Me too. I've read it so many times the binding is almost falling off.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
my chemical romance are a bunch of homos making love to a mic and you like that cuz your a huge gay wad. You should feel pathetic for being such a gaywad you gay mcr loving gaywad olllol.
This thread made me download the giver.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Franny & Zooey is my favorite I think, but anything Salinger is great really.

David Copperfield is good as well..
Catch 22
Quote by JimmyBanks6
this man is of knowledge

Woo someone said i was smart, how silly
Page 1 of 2