Poll: When are you human?
Poll Options
View poll results: When are you human?
After ejaculation (masturbation would then be genocide)
7 6%
As soon as fertilization takes place
19 17%
A month after fertilization
2 2%
A couple of months after fertilization
9 8%
As soon as the baby carries human resemblance.
25 22%
After birth.
36 31%
Other
17 15%
Voters: 115.
Page 1 of 2
At what point does sperm become human, i.e. from what point on is abortion "murder"?
Poll coming.
I consider you human once you're in my phonebook.

(reference = cookie)
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

I'd guess that you're a human as you reach the embryo-stage, or a little after.
DeVillains!
Most pro-lifers would tell you any point after conception, but as far as the medical opinions go I believe the option to get an abortion is lost after the first trimester. If I'm not mistaken, that's when the fetus is considered too alive for anyone to ethically abort it. I could be wrong, though.
The legal definition (UK) is a reasonable creature in being that can live independently from it's mother or something like that. So that means it is legally a human being after the umbilical cord is cut
One becomes human once they sperm and egg are fertalized/forming a baby. I mean, if a dog is pregnant and puppies are forming they're still dogs.
Quote by Robchappers
Ha ha love you to dude ;-)

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Strat
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus
Jet City JCA2112RC 20W
birth? oh, like that..
I consider my sperm humanoid, but it's not a human. I also can't really bond with a belly until I feel it's alive, so I'd still have to say from birth OR the first time you see it on the screen of the gynaecologist..

ask me again when I'll (if ever) be a daddy

edit: I thought this was gonna be philosophical, my answer would be then when it becomes sentient (as in feeling, hearing, etc) so prob after a few months in the womb
Quote by Ulalume
I had a friend who was held at gunpoint as a cashier. The robber told him to give him all the money in the register and what not. Apparently my friend then replied, "Would you like a slurpee with that?"
Last edited by TimTheWizard at Apr 25, 2011,
Quote by The Madcap
Don't matter when the fetus is considered "human." It's more important when it becomes sentient.

Indeed. Some religions teach respect for all sentient beings, and sentient beings do not have to be humans. So if there is proof that the fetus is sentient, then anybody who respects all sentient beings would technically be a murderer, if they get an abortion that is.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Last edited by bradulator at Apr 25, 2011,
Quote by The Madcap
Don't matter when the fetus is considered "human." It's more important when it becomes sentient.

This. It's technically human as soon as sperm meets egg to form one cell, but it doesn't develop a functioning nervous system until a good amount of time later.
Quote by bradulator
Indeed. Some religions teach respect for all sentient beings, and sentient beings do not have to be humans. So if there is proof that the fetus is sentient, then anybody who respects all sentient beings would technically be a murderer.

What?
Honk
Quote by Zoot Allures
Bill Hicks?

Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Quote by Mukersman
What?

I fixed that fucked up sentence if that's what you are whatting me about. If not, I respond to your "What?" with "What?"
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
When you become conscious. Obviously I mean the romantic definition of 'human' and not the biological one.
Check out my band Disturbed
Whenever the mother and I say so.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
abortion is always murder. however, it's only human at birth. the thing about the line in 'how long until it's okay' is there isn't. it's murder, but the line you can draw for abortion is simple; birth.
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
I feel its as soon as the conceptus implants into the uterus.

EDIT: I was looking at this from an abortion argument kinda view.. I now realise that's not what you ask, so... I guess we're always considered human. The sperm is human, the egg is human, once they fuse they're a human embryo etc...
~Domino?

This life's too good to last
and I'm too young to care.

Musics
Follow me on Twitter, I'm cool.
Last edited by Domino at Apr 25, 2011,
When you become fully self-aware, cognitive and introspective.

So maybe around 3 years old? (not sure exactly)

Doesn't mean we should go around smashing babies though! :P
Quote by Cyberbob
When you become fully self-aware, cognitive and introspective.

So maybe around 3 years old? (not sure exactly)

Doesn't mean we should go around smashing babies though! :P

Maybe even later, to be honest.
Quote by Zoot Allures
Lies and slander.

It would be libel, actually. -10 points.
its 'human' from conception. It's made from two varieties of human cell.

It becomes a person when it's internal organs and brain are all fully functioning.

either way, i dont think abortion is murder at all. I'd rather die before i knew what was happening, rather than be born to a family that didn't want me.

i dont see it as murder, more euthanasia.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Quote by captaincrunk
Maybe even later, to be honest.

Yeah, it's hard to remember when I was able to be introspective...
You are definitely self aware by 3 though; you can recognize yourself in the mirror and stuff by then.
When God imparts a soul to the being.

In any case, even if the being is not considered 'human' or 'sentient', there are still other reasons why abortion is immoral.
Anything that has the cognitive ability to critically assess Gavin and Stacey is human. Anything which thinks it isn't complete shit gets incinerated.
When it has a future as a human being.

Once that thing is formed it's human. A very little human. Growing inside someone.
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
Page 1 of 2