Hello everyone.

I'm about to purchase a new Multi-FX pedal and the more I look around the more confused I get about which one to purchase. So, I decided to come here and ask for some advice regarding which Multi-FX pedal to buy.

So first off my main intent for a Multi-FX box is to use it to record. I record covers and some originals as a hobby. I'm not intending to go professional with these so I'm not looking for the biggest and best thing. I've already asked about going the Mic and USB interface way. It seemed pretty evenly split between the two camps - Multi-FX and Mic. Since it will be used for recording a USB function is really nice. I have previously recorded stuff with my old Zoom G2.1u and the USB interface is a great no hassle system - at least for me.

Second my budget is around $300. I don't want to spend tons more money for state of the art multiFX boxes.

I don't know if this really matters, but the genre I play is mostly post-hardcore, i.e Hopes die Last, Senses Fail, Saosin, etc.

Now to the pedals. The main pedal I've been looking at is a Digitech GNX4. Yes, I know it is old. I've been doing tons of research on it and it sounds like it's a really good pedal with nearly limitless possibilities.

The next is a Digitech GNX3000. Yes, another old model. Been looking on eBay for these and found some good deals. I've been looking at is because it's another model like the GNX4. Haven't heard of any reliability issues.

A few other pedals I've been looking at are the Digitech RP355 and RP500. As you probably know these are newer models. I can't help but think that newer is better, but sometimes older technology can be better. The last pedal I've been looking at is the Line6 HD300. I would like the 500 but it's a little too far out of my price range. I've heard some sound samples and they are really good.

So I don't know which to go for. Are there any other recommendations you would make? Thank you for your help. If you have any specific questions you need answered please ask me. Once again, Thank you for your help.
I personally like the boss me-70 for a multi-fx pedal
I think with the boss multi pedals vs digitech, the boss pedals always win

You can get a used one on ebay for around that price

OR

Maybe start transitioning to individual pedals. You're tone increases 1000x over any multi-fx pedals
Taylor 314CE
Modulus G2T and G3CT
3 Warmoth Guitars
2 Fender MIA Strats--SRV & JM
Alvarez w/ Modulus Neck and EMG DG-20s
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 50 w/ 1960a cab
Breedlove AC250/SM12
Gold Tone Weissenborn
Adrenalinn III & FCB1010
ALOT of pedals
Quote by AXmichigan
I personally like the boss me-70 for a multi-fx pedal
I think with the boss multi pedals vs digitech, the boss pedals always win

You can get a used one on ebay for around that price

OR

Maybe start transitioning to individual pedals. You're tone increases 1000x over any multi-fx pedals

Thanks for your advice. However, I've gone the individual pedal way. I do have tons of pedals, but right now I'm looking more into multi-FX. Thank you for your suggestions.
gotcha
well, if you're gigging and want somethign quick id say the me-70
if you want to spend time and really get into a multi-fx then the gt-10
but it takes some getting used to
Taylor 314CE
Modulus G2T and G3CT
3 Warmoth Guitars
2 Fender MIA Strats--SRV & JM
Alvarez w/ Modulus Neck and EMG DG-20s
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 50 w/ 1960a cab
Breedlove AC250/SM12
Gold Tone Weissenborn
Adrenalinn III & FCB1010
ALOT of pedals
I know tis is a couple weeks old, but I have the GNX4 and can answers any questions you might have. It's an extremely powerful multifx wrt assigning multiple parameters to controls and audio routing. The 8 track recorder/jamman looper is a very desirable feature. And it's the only multifx with a synced looper/drum machine.
since this got a bump, I'll chime in:

I kinda' like the HD's, and I f'n HATE multis. They're a good value, the fx are the same as the M9/13 which many seem to like, and their amp sims destroy any of the boss/digitech stuff I've tried, which is just about everything they offer.

...but they're relatively new, and as such have new prices. even used, they're hard to find for >$100 off the new price unless you get lucky.