yeah it'd work pretty well for that, certainly on a budget.

You're talking about the head version, right? I haven't tried the 20w combo, allegedly it's a bit different. But yeah the head is a good call for that type of hot-rodded 80s marshall type tone on a budget.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
As you're getting the head, do you already have a cab or will you be buying one seperately? If you're buying it seperately then in total you're budget for that would be around £550 or about $900. You can get quite a few other combo amps used that would fit the same range. JCM800, JCM900, Orange Rocker 30 or if you hunt for a bit you may be able to find a Vintage Modern, I've seen all these go for £550 or less here in the UK (my JCM900 for example was £425).
That being said the windsor is a good amp in it's own right, though for expanding to the higher levels of gain you may be wanting to purchase an OD pedal also.
Gear:
Epiphone SG Standard - Natural Wood Finish + SD Alnico Pro 2 Bridge Pickup
Epiphone Les Paul Standard - Limited Edition Green
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Harley Benton 2x12 Vintage 30's
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
^ yep. if you already have a cab, and assuming you can find the windsor for a couple of hundred quid (that's what they were going for at one point), you'll struggle to do much better (new anyway).

But if you don't already have a cab, add the cost of a half-decent cab to the cost of the windsor and you probably are within range of better stuff. Thomann has a deal on the traynor ycv50b for ~£400 depending on the exchange rate, and I'd say it's better (having only tried the 40 and 20, but they were both better than the windsor, and if anything the 50 should be at least as good, considering it has a better speaker).

Used you could look at the laney ghs, vhs and tts, in addition to the ones ^SWS suggested. Again which are probably better than the windsor.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?