Okay, so my Les Paul is perfectly intonated, but when I get to the low E, the note is quite a bit jumpy on the tuner, and I just can't get it right... I have a Korg CA-30 tuner if that helps at all, any tips would be great! I'm thinking it's just because the string is so thick or something? I'm using Ernie Ball 10's too. Thanks!
Last edited by BlueFuzion101 at Apr 25, 2011,
If you were using a different gauge string before, you may need to change the action.
If your A string is tuned, you can tune your E string without a tuner.
Jackson DXMG
Charvel
B-52 AT100
Marshall 1960A
Pedals and stuff
The guitar is brand new, I got it on Friday, but whoever intonated it at Guitar Center really didn't do their job too well. It's been using 10's since I've had it.
Quote by El-Gonado
If your A string is tuned, you can tune your E string without a tuner.

Are you talking about just tuning it? or Adjusting the saddles?
Sometimes the more sensitive tuners tend pick up on the overtones of new strings. Try hitting the natural harmonic on the 12th fret.
Pamposh’s final question before drifting into a state of transcendent ecstasy was, “But Master, if everything is an illusion, then why does anything matter?”

To which the master replied, “It may all be an illusion, but it’s a very real illusion.”
Quote by gynther flynt
Sometimes the more sensitive tuners tend pick up on the overtones of new strings. Try hitting the natural harmonic on the 12th fret.

Does it just have to be tuned to perfect pitch, and having the 12 fret harmonic spot on? because all other strings are tuned to perfect and the 12th fret harmonic and the fretted note of the 12th are matching on mine.
Maybe take it to Tommys (on Hewitt), have him do a set up. He did my new Les Paul and I couldn't be happier. Plays like butter!
I normally do all my own work, but this was brand new and all my other guitars have floating trems, so I had Tommy handle it.
Jackson DXMG
Charvel
B-52 AT100
Marshall 1960A
Pedals and stuff
Alright, I'll probably go do that now, just a few blocks away. How much would he charge for just one string to be intonated?
Use the neck pickup, or both pickups. Whenever I tune a Les Paul (or clone), I use both pickups (middle position on the switch). Way more stable reading on the tuner than just the bridge pickup.