Hey guys

I don't know if this is a stupid question but I am wondering this ;

I'm most likely going to the army this summer and I will be there for 2 years I think.
There will be periods with days off offcourse.

I was wondering... Will long breaks from guitar decrease my skill at playing?

Or, is all I have learned ''programmed'' into my brain, so I could be at the same level after let's say 3 months?

A good answer is much appreciated
Yes, that is a stupid question. Of course they will.
Check out my band Disturbed
They will, but it won't take near as long to get to the level you were at.
Quote by maidenrulz19
When playing any pokemon game and encountering a fisherman with 5 or 6 FUCKING MAGIKARP!!!!!!! I mean the thing is useless and it only gives like 7 exp points each. Yeah eventually that guy can have an army of gyarados but still.
i dont know about 3 months, but yeah you may lose some of that muscle memory and shit But it probably won't be like starting over when you pick it up again, not that bad.
A break of a month or so would actually do you good. You'd get back to the skill level you were at in almost no time at all, and probably improve a little as well. If you're gonna be away for two years your skill will probably decrease quite a bit, but after playing for a few weeks when you're back it'll all be easy again. Good luck, man.
You're = You are
Your = Belongs to you

There = Not here
Their = Belongs to them
They're = They are
Thx.

Quote by Tim the Rocker
Good grammar is like sex. It feels good.
Quote by Sizzleby
They will, but it won't take near as long to get to the level you were at.

yes. done.
take a uke with you and play in the middle of fields to promote world peace.
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Quote by laid-to-waste
take a uke with you and play in the middle of fields to promote world peace.

hahah, that would be awesome
Generally I think they would. But for shorter periods, it's a bit different. I didn't play guitar for 3 months when I was overseas and when I came back I was way better for some reason.
Wow,, makes me relaxed knowing that I just love playing guitar, and it would be a shame to choose between a certain army education and 2 years of getting to play guitar on a regular basis. Thanks for reply !

Quote by jibran
Generally I think they would. But for shorter periods, it's a bit different. I didn't play guitar for 3 months when I was overseas and when I came back I was way better for some reason.
Once you get out of boot and get assigned to where ever they want to dump you, you should be able to take a guitar with you. I know when I watched "Restrepo" one of the Sgts (I think he was a Sgt....can't remember) had an acoustic with him out in the middle of nowhere Afghanistan.