Poll: Should they be allowed?
Poll Options
View poll results: Should they be allowed?
Yes
162 89%
No
10 5%
Yes to a certain extent (limited to location, age, etc)
3 2%
NEVER!!
8 4%
Voters: 183.
Page 1 of 5
Well why would anyone with a basic understanding of human psychology be against any marriage?
Fowards Ever...............................Backwards Never........

Look Alive.................. Sunshine........................

MCR, Biffy Clyro, SOAD, Dream Theater, KoRn, Oasis

Quote by Colohue
My sister has double Gs. They're terrifying.
inb4 canofworms.jpg

I used to oppose it, but being on UG has educated me and now I support it.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Quote by Killjoy4Revenge
Well why would anyone with a basic understanding of human psychology be against any marriage?

No idea, but there are large portions of the population without this basic understanding

Quote by rgrockr
I used to oppose it, but being on UG has educated me and now I support it.

This was me a couple years ago
I used to not support becasue nobody I know supports it, but now I know how to think for myself and I support it. I think that it makes people happy and it doesn't really harm the people who oppose it.
Quote by supersac
for it
i dont see how marriage between two gay guys or girls can possibly hurt me

this
Im willing to bet that most of UG is gay. They've closed the hot chicks thread and now the Emma Roberts thread

**** you guys.
pinga
I don't see why anybody would want to get married nowadays. But hey, if it makes them happy...
█████████████████████████
marriage is a punishment for shoplifting in some countries
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
45-1... wow
Quote by maidenrulz19
When playing any pokemon game and encountering a fisherman with 5 or 6 FUCKING MAGIKARP!!!!!!! I mean the thing is useless and it only gives like 7 exp points each. Yeah eventually that guy can have an army of gyarados but still.
In a legal sense? Of course. Gay marriages should have the same tax breaks and rights as any other recognized marriage. In a religious sense? No. The government can't and shouldn't force any religion to sanctify gay marriage. If a religious group is fine with it, then more power to them.

I'm all for it though, everyone deserves equal rights.
Let everyone marry. Man + man, woman + woman, man + dog, woman + Washington Monument. What are the negative effects of it?
I'm strongly against it, although the teenage musician left-wingers who make up 99.9% of UG are obviously all for it.
Quote by guitarhero_764
Uhm no. It's unnatural and shouldn't be recognized by any rational society. Gay people can't have kids, folks.

Quote by Jackintehbox
Let everyone marry. Man + man, woman + woman, man + dog, woman + Washington Monument. What are the negative effects of it?

Quote by wizards?
In a legal sense? Of course. Gay marriages should have the same tax breaks and rights as any other recognized marriage. In a religious sense? No. The government can't and shouldn't force any religion to sanctify gay marriage. If a religious group is fine with it, then more power to them.

Listen to this guy.

My only issue with it would I guess be what to call it. Do religious institutions have claim to the term 'marriage'? Isn't a marriage religious in nature? If so, it would be up to the specific religious institution to allow it. For secular, legal matters, some sort of court union thing should be fine for whoever wants to marry.

In my opinion it should be labeled 'Civil Union' that breaks down to 'Marriage' and 'Idon'tknowwhattocallit' (which is non-religious). Legally, they are the same the only difference is the religious connotation of marriage. The non-religious unions would allow for same-sex unions and the marriage domain would be up to the discretion of the specific religious institution.
AROUND THE WORLD

Click here if you like the Washington Wizards
Quote by guitarhero_764
Uhm no. It's unnatural and shouldn't be recognized by any rational society. Gay people can't have kids, folks.

Neither can some women, do you deny them marriage? My grandmother is sterile, and has never been able to have kids. My mom's adopted. Should my grandparents have never been allowed to marry by this logic?

Also, technically, we are nature. Thus, anything we do is essentially a part of nature. homosexuality is not limited to just humans, anyways.
Last edited by SlayingDragons at Apr 25, 2011,
There is no logical argument against it. Homosexual couples should be able to marry just as heterosexual couples do.
Quote by wizards?
*big picture*

I don't know if I came across as snarky or sarcastic, but I was being genuine. What ARE the negative consequences?
Quote by SlayingDragons
Neither can some women, do you deny them marriage? My grandmother is sterile, and has never been able to have kids. My mom's adopted. Should my grandparents have never been allowed to marry by this logic?

You just got trolled, brah.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
people should do whatever they want so long as it doesn't harm anyone else's Life, Liberty or Security of the person.
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
Quote by asterroid
guitarhero_764 actually has a point.

Homosexuality is unnatural? What makes you say that?
AROUND THE WORLD

Quote by wizards?

Actually, this makes a lot of sense, and I agree comletely, I'm agnostic so never thought of the religious aspect as a factor besides the fact that it annoys me that people think it should be illegal for religious reasons when religion has no place in a discussion of law, but religious sects should definitely be able to not recognize it.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Quote by blackflag49
God made Adam & Eve, not Adam & Steve folks.

So if a nonreligious same-sex couple wanted to be have a civil union, you think they shouldn't based on your personally held religious beliefs? Shouldn't the state provide equal rights to all?
AROUND THE WORLD

Quote by wizards?

I came in to post this.

I voted no, though, but ONLY because since marriage is a traditional/religious institution, I think gay couples should use a separate word to avoid unnecessary backlash, and to create their own tradition.
Schecter C-1 Elite-->BOSS ME-20-->B-52 AT100 2x12

Quote by laid-to-waste
Extremely attractive woman.
extremely attractive
oh baby
EDIT: you're a guy. shit.
...an extremely attractive guy.
extremely attractive
oh baby

E-Paramour of Andrea55
Quote by rgrockr
You just got trolled, brah.

Even if that's so, it's a common point proposed by many against gay marriage.
Page 1 of 5