Page 1 of 4
I just watched a movie I had to watch for my Middle East class called Turtles can Fly. It's about a bunch of Kurdish children that go around collecting land mines to sell for money and holy shit it is very depressing.
Any other movies you guys have seen that are depressing?
That movie where Will Ferrell narrorates his own life or whatever. I was definitely like WTF at the end.
LICKY, LICKY LOLLIPOP

Quote by soundjam
Which is why you eat funions. All the deliciousness of fried onions without disgusting lukewarm onion snake.
Blue Valentine
Five Centimeters Per Second
Grave of the Fireflies
The Butterfly Effect
Never Let Me Go
The Royal Tennenbaums.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
Dancer in the Dark.

It will tear your heart out and shit on it for weeks. Amazing film though.
Call me Jack
Requiem For A Dream.
Satan. Grant this man the gift of revenge against his foes at the Food Network.
I guess my post didn't make it through the first time but I remember Radio Flyer being a really sad movie. Lord of the Flies was also sad, especially when they killed Piggy.
Quote by KillRoy Ver 3.0
Requiem For A Dream.

Meh, I didn't find it very depressing, the shitty camera angle ruined it for me.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Quote by BrokenDstring
That movie where Will Ferrell narrorates his own life or whatever. I was definitely like WTF at the end.

Stranger Than Fiction? Beautiful film.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Forrest Gump

[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
The Elephant Man is easily the most miserable, heartbreaking, soul-destroying movie ever made
Quote by KillRoy Ver 3.0
Requiem For A Dream.
I was going to say this one.
Quote by Trowzaa
Stranger Than Fiction? Beautiful film.
I loved it the first time I saw it. I've seen it too many times now, but it's still really good. It's not too sad though, but there are some heavy parts.
Quote by Spartan101400
Battlefield: Earth
Double Team
Independence Day
Wall Street
Up
The Man with the Golden Gun
Blade Runner
Robocop 3
Death Wish
Blacula

Those were really good, but not overtly depressing. That Bruce Willis movie where a comet is heading towards Earth is a pretty good and sad disaster film. Armageddon I think it's called
Quote by neidnarb11890
Marley & Me

I cried at the end of that movie.
E-Daughter of Stealstrings and Flaxen Angel

Sometimes our fear of failing...
...Keeps us from succeeding.

I love Ryan
Last edited by Music_101 at Apr 25, 2011,
Quote by musiclover2399
I was going to say this one.
I loved it the first time I saw it. I've seen it too many times now, but it's still really good. It's not too sad though, but there are some heavy parts.

Those were really good, but not overtly depressing. That Bruce Willis movie where a comet is heading towards Earth is a pretty good and sad disaster film. Armageddon I think it's called

I love it when sarcasm and sarcasm make a baby of
I agree with Requiem for a Dream, although some of the stuff there seemed to be taken a bit too far in the last 30-40 minutes.
Whoever said Elephant Man is right about that one. The Green Mile was really sad as well. I remember Bambi as a kid being a tearjerker.
Quote by KillRoy Ver 3.0
Requiem For A Dream.

This.

Many people have claimed that it changed their out look on life, but it just depressed the hell out of me for a couple of hours after watching.
PSN: Shibuib
Steam: Drag_on88rr@hotmail.com
add me

Elvis Presley aint got no soul, Chuck Berry is rock and roll.

日本語をシグに入れるのは馬鹿やキザ野郎のする事だぜ。
Quote by wizards?
Synecdoche, New York. Warning: you will find life meaningless and want to blow your brains out after viewing.

Yeah, I had lost pretty much all will to live by the end of it.
My name is Matt. Love me.
Quote by musiclover2399
That Bruce Willis movie where a comet is heading towards Earth is a pretty good and sad disaster film. Armageddon I think it's called

Only because of the Aerosmith song in the soundtrack.

AND I DOOON'T WANNA MISS A THAAAAAAANNNNG!!!!

Neither do I Steven Tyler, neither do I.
Quote by Masamune
I just watched a movie I had to watch for my Middle East class called Turtles can Fly. It's about a bunch of Kurdish children that go around collecting land mines to sell for money and holy shit it is very depressing.
Any other movies you guys have seen that are depressing?

That's such a terrible idea! Stupid kids.
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by wizards?
Synecdoche, New York. Warning: you will find life meaningless and want to blow your brains out after viewing.

The only reason I wanted to blow my brains was because of how shitty and pretentious that movie was. It tries waaaaay too hard
Anyone seen Millions? I thought that was a pretty sad movie. Everyone is a corrupt asshole except for the seven year old.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0366777/

Quote by Dreadnought
The only reason I wanted to blow my brains was because of how shitty and pretentious that movie was. It tries waaaaay too hard

It must have been 2deep4u then
Last edited by wizards? at Apr 25, 2011,
Pay It Forward made me cry when I was a kiddo. Great movie.

Requiem For a Dream is very depressing.

Reign Over Me is a fantastic movie, very touching. Can't remember if it was depressing though.
Quote by wizards?
Anyone seen Millions? I thought that was a pretty sad movie. Everyone is a corrupt asshole except for the seven year old.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0366777/

It must have been 2deep4u then

It would like to think so. But it was just bad.
The Road is an incredibly depressing and moving film.
R.I.P. PAUL GILBERT

You will be missed...
Quote by xX*Zeppelin*Xx
Naked

Oh wow, this. So many times over.

Definitely The Elephant Man too.

I shall be watching this thread closely, I like depressing films.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Quote by Dreadnought
It would like to think so. But it was just bad.

No, I can understand that. It did have its moments that were pure cheese. The whole Adele's art getting smaller while Caden's got bigger thing kind of killed it a little for me. It still hit me pretty damn hard though.
Page 1 of 4