Is it worth the 600? I have a feeling this isn't going to pop up on my local craigslist anytime soon and have seriously been considering selling my epi zakk and ipod touch to fund this. I've wanted one of these (Ltd MX) since I've started playing.

tl;dr Is it worth the money?
http://www.samash.com/p/Epiphone_1984%20Explorer%20Reissue%20Electric%20Guitar%20Assorted%20Colors_1208758
If I had $600 to spend, I would consider getting it. I tried one out in store and liked it pretty well from what I remember. But it's all personal preference, try one out before you make your decision.
LTD EC-1000 VB
Ibanez RG3EXFM1 (Dimarzio Mo' Joe in bridge, PAF Joe in neck, and Sperzels)
KFG Custom
Ibanez RG2550Z Galaxy White
Epiphone Thunderhorse Explorer

Marshall AVT 275
I personally like the Korinas better, and they're a little cheaper. If I had the money that's the one I'd go with and then upgrade it as necessary. But to each his own...
Current Gear:
2002 Gibson Les Paul Standard
'57 AVRI Fender Stratocaster
MIJ Fender Jaguar Special HH
Marshall JVM410
Vox AC15 C2
Quote by 57Goldtop
I personally like the Korinas better, and they're a little cheaper. If I had the money that's the one I'd go with and then upgrade it as necessary. But to each his own...

Concurrence.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by Paultaters
Would it be better than a used gibson? A guy offered to sell me a Gibson 1967 reissue flying v for 450 o:

There's no real way for anyone here to tell you what to get. Try to play them both, if you have the opportunity.
Personally, I would get the Epiphone. Love that design.
Noob on most guitar-oriented stuff.

ESP LTD EX-400
Epiphone Les Paul Goth
Epiphone Les Paul Special 2
Peavey Bandit 112
Line 6 Spider III 15w
Digitech RP500
Used Gibson > new Epiphone, 99% of the time. If the Gibby isn't beat to crap, that's the one I would get without a doubt.

Like thomson said you need to try them out for yourself. But if you're asking about quality, the Gibby is probably going to be better made than the Epiphone.

And if you decide not to get that reissue V let me know, I'll buy it for that price
Current Gear:
2002 Gibson Les Paul Standard
'57 AVRI Fender Stratocaster
MIJ Fender Jaguar Special HH
Marshall JVM410
Vox AC15 C2
The Explorer in the early 80s had that triangular knob setup, which seems way more functional to me than the in-line standard issue explorers.