Asking for two reasons.
1. I'm shit-arse bored.
2. Playing my Lakland 55-64 through my rig at band practise last night I really loved the tone with finger style, hated it with the pick. Too bright and aggressive.
So maybe I'm looking for something a little more vintagey? I like a bit of mid scooping these days but not to extremes and I cut through just fine.
I think Nordstrand do one, along with Fender and Lakland of course. I DO NOT want to go active, at all. Ever, and I'm not changing my strings either .
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Did you try a different pick? Sounds too simple, but sometimes it can make a huge difference.
I agree with that guy ^

I use a 3mm stubby pick and it's not too trebley at all

you could even go felt

OT: I was going to say Nordstrand.

Bartolini. I <3 Bartolinis
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Last edited by gilly_90 at Apr 26, 2011,
Nordstrand NP5's are always a good bet. Bartolini does make a set, the 58CBP which are quite nice. Unfortunately nothing else comes to mind, aside from watching eBay and seeing what pops up. There really aren't too many manufacturers making 5 string P sets, at least not ones that are readily available us normal folk.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
yeah if you finger tone is good then why fuss over pups, switch picks and see if it helps.
no sir away a papaya war is on
That over-agressiveness tended to show through a fair bit with the fingers too when I got a bit enthusiastic, both those things combined were what made me think new pickups.
Good idea to try some different picks though, I do love my yellow tortexes but I'm not overly precious about them, maybe some thick nylons will do the trick.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB