Ok so I sorta got this awesome Idea for customizing a les paul guitar. You all know what les paul zakk wylde has that has all the beer bottle caps on them right? if not heres a video of a guitar that has what im trying to point out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYEBarDKHTA&feature=channel_video_title

anyways what I would like to do (in the way future) is to get a gibson black beauty and have the same concept with the bottle caps but except have all the bottle caps the jack daniels bottle caps due to the fact I dont drink beer but I love jack daniels. So my questions are
1: What do you think of the idea?
2: Where could I get something like this done and would the bottle caps fall off in the future
3: Would it effect my playing at all?
Now I know alot of people are going to say its stupied and that Im destroying an amazing guitar but its sorta how kirk put that "caution" and "kirks guitar" sticker on his first esp. I just want to add some off my personality. I dont care about the resale value due to the fatc I wont sell it.
Bad idea. I'm not a Les Paul guy, but even I would not mess with a Black Beauty.
If you really want to do this, I would suggest getting an Epiphone LP or getting a lower end les paul (like a Studio) and then do it to that.

modding a Black Beauty is sacrilegious.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
That's like drawing a Hitler moustache on the Mona Lisa...
Suhr Custom, Flaxwood Rautia or Grosh Tele thru
HBE Medicine Bawl Wah
Analogman BiComp
Texas Two Step OD
Fulltone Ultimate Octave/Fuzz
Boss CE-2
TC Nova Delay
SLO-100, 65 London or Bogner Shiva
Ask me about any of this stuff!
ok since everyione can get ver the fact its a black beauty how about a les paul standard traditional?
Epiphone that feels well made or a Studio. It's just a waste of money to do it to a higher end model, where you are a paying for aesthetics (which you plan to taint).

Haha...taint
Suhr Custom, Flaxwood Rautia or Grosh Tele thru
HBE Medicine Bawl Wah
Analogman BiComp
Texas Two Step OD
Fulltone Ultimate Octave/Fuzz
Boss CE-2
TC Nova Delay
SLO-100, 65 London or Bogner Shiva
Ask me about any of this stuff!
do what you want, not what other people would want or do. i wound't just for the sake of resale value on a high dollar instrument, but i have done some "unconventional" stuff to a few gibsons, for example woodburning a cross and voodoo designs on a GIbson SG. i caught some shit for it sure, but in the end, its your guitar, and your money.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
i would do it to a cheaper guitar if you have to do it. you may not want to sell it now, but who knows down the line if you will. and if it actually is a Gibson, it will be worth a LOT more unaltered.
lol taint,
ill buy it from musicians friend. its all just the fact that if im going to customize something Id rather it be a great guitar ya know. I knew everyones opinion was going hate that and I can respect everyones opinion. but buying a guitar and being scared to customize it afraid what other people would think would be a waste in my book. I mean yes all these guitars im talking about are amazing and beautiful. But if I want to add some pesonallity to my guitar i would like to do that regardless to the name on the headstock. Again I know most will hate the idea but I like it
Quote by handlerb
That's like drawing a Hitler moustache on the Mona Lisa...

I think we could all respect that analogy
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
I say do it to a studio, they're cheaper and have less decorations and are prime for 'tainting'. Get the black version and you can pretty much do the same as if you got a black beauty.
Quote by SamaraHill78
so do you think the bottle caps would stay on over time?

Zakk nailed his on.