Alrighty so Im looking into getting new stoppiece and tune-o-matic bridge for my les paul, gold colored. On Warmoth they have Gotoh and Tone pro's. However, the Gotoh is almost $50 less than the Tone pro's. Why is this, lower quality? Different metal?

gotoh pieces: $16 ea.

Tone Pro: $60 ea.

Why?
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
If I recall right, the TonePros is pretty much just the Gotoh but with locking studs. The alloys might be better.

They say that TonePros bridges are best due to the improved transfer of vibrations with their locking systems.
The Gotoh is good stuff, but the TonePros is better. I wouldn't have thought there would be that much of a price difference though!
doesn't gotoh make the tonepros stuff? That's what I've heard, anyway (obviously the tonepros have the locking studs, though).

I haven't tried tonepros, unfortunately.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Gotoh makes Tonepros stuff.

I can't tell much of a difference between the two. My tailpiece isn't locking, but it fits very snug and doesn't move.

Also, I wouldn't upgrade the tailpiece on a les paul unless you decide to change it to a lightweight aluminum tailpiece like this one:

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Bridges,_tailpieces/Electric_guitar,_non-trem_tailpieces/Gotoh_Aluminum_Stop_Tailpiece.html?actn=100101&xst=3&xsr=1453
Yeah, I think the TonePros are made by Gotoh. I've installed them on a few guitars, once you lock them down they are rock solid, and the machining on the studs is very precise, they don't feel loose.

I haven't tried the Gotoh's though
^ lol i'm the same except vice-versa. I think my edwards has a gotoh but i haven't tried the TPs...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by al112987
Gotoh makes Tonepros stuff.

I can't tell much of a difference between the two. My tailpiece isn't locking, but it fits very snug and doesn't move.

Also, I wouldn't upgrade the tailpiece on a les paul unless you decide to change it to a lightweight aluminum tailpiece like this one:

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Bridges,_tailpieces/Electric_guitar,_non-trem_tailpieces/Gotoh_Aluminum_Stop_Tailpiece.html?actn=100101&xst=3&xsr=1453

Its a 1977 Ibanez Lawsuit Les Paul. Short of re-flashcoating the bridge with gold, it looks awful due to corrosion, and needs replacement.

thanks Guys!
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.