Hey guys i have this guitar

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Fender-American-Special-HSS-Stratocaster-Electric-Guitar-105766901-i1502369.gc

which i love!

But i want to replace the bridge Humbucker.. Now can i just buy a dimarzio lets say tone zone and have it installed no prob? Or do i have to do something about pots or something... Sorry i know nothing about the inner workings of guitars.

Also what would you suggest for a bridge pup i would like something hotter than this good for some metal van halen gnr some heavier things great smooth leads and idk something that screams..

Thanks alot !
Bugera 6262

Roland Cube

BC Rich Warlock with EMG 81 85

Ibanez rg770dx
What kind of music do you play?

EDIT: Nevermind, I see a Warlock, RG, and a 6262. Bareknuckle Pickups Nailbomb. My favorite humbucker.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
iv heard great things about that brand, do i have to do anything special besides just get the pickup put in? ie change "pots" whatever that means
Bugera 6262

Roland Cube

Ibanez rg770dx
Pots are the capacitors that your tone knobs are attached to. They have resistance levels that will affect tone and allow for more gain. You should be fine with the American 250k pots. Just take the old one out, put the new one in.
thanks alot man i really appreciate your help

I just was looking at the cold sweat one that one sounds amazing

im also selling the 6262 its to loud for an HT 5 blackstar any thoughts?
Bugera 6262

Roland Cube

Ibanez rg770dx
Take that question to the GG&A forum. Much more knowledgeable folks than I on amps in that section. I just pretend I'm the Stratocaster guru.
haha awesome thanks again dude
Bugera 6262

Roland Cube

Ibanez rg770dx
It's already got a humbucker so it should already have a 500k pot, that being the case any other humbucker is a straight swap.

Don't get a Tone Zone because you probably won't like it, a Norton or Breed is probably a better bet as far as Dimarzio go. If you want Duncan then go for a Custom Custom, if you're able to shell out for Bareknuckles then you probably want the VHII or the Abraxas.

Also if your 770 is a purple one I hate you
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com