If I want an amp that was 'made' in the 50's how do I find one? If I search 50's Fender amp I get all these ones that were made in like 2009. What do I search for?? Thanks. Oh it has to be a Fender! ;D
'Slap bass refers to the slap delivered to the bassist when they play too loud or with any kind of attention drawing behaviour...'

'The dusty end, is not my friend.'
Quote by JustRooster
Ebay, craigslist, old people's attics.

I already tried old people's attics. Though its hard when the police get involved and suddenly your in a court of law! Will one made in 2009 sound like one made in 1957 in 2063? :p
'Slap bass refers to the slap delivered to the bassist when they play too loud or with any kind of attention drawing behaviour...'

The whole point of the Reissue amps it to emulate the sound of old amps with current technology. While it will never quite be the same sound, it'll be damned close. Also, it'll still be under warranty.
search blackface fender, tweed fender, blonde fender.

have 2000 or more dollars ready.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Include "Tweed" in your search criteria. Be aware that once you get into the tweed era you are looking at some serious money because they are not just vintage amps they are collectible antiques. Even a Champ is worth four figures once you get into 50's Tweeds.
Can I assume you are just after that classic old Fender sound? If so, you'd be better off going for a Blackface from the 60's. Many (including myself) consider that to be the pinnacle of Fender amps and the defining "Fender sound". You'll get a Blackface much cheaper than a tweed and it will satisfy you just as well if not better.

Min, blonde and blackface are from the 60's.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Apr 26, 2011,
Quote by Cathbard
Include "Tweed" in your search criteria. Be aware that once you get into the tweed era you are looking at some serious money because they are not just vintage amps they are collectible antiques. Even a Champ is worth four figures once you get into 50's Tweeds.
Can I assume you are just after that classic old Fender sound? If so, you'd be better off going for a Blackface from the 60's. Many (including myself) consider that to be the pinnacle of Fender amps and the defining "Fender sound". You'll get a Blackface much cheaper than a tweed and it will satisfy you just as well if not better.

Min, blonde and blackface are from the 60's.

ya i suppose so.

tweed it is then.
What I really want is a Fender valve amp with a clean channel, a drive channel and some built in effects. And maybe 2 inputs.

Well you aren't going to get that from an old Fender. The way it is done is to grab yourself a Blackface Bassman, Bandmaster or Twin. Or you can go for slightly lower power with a Deluxe. They use 6V6's so they are a little different to the others but I like them. For your drive channel get yourself a boost pedal or two. There are lots of ways to go.
Driving an old Fender's input hard sounds better than say, a HRD which is supposed to be what you are describing. The HRD doesn't have as good cleans as a BF and the drive channel is just dreadful. A tubescreamer in front of a BF will murder a HRD and dress inappropriately at the HRD's funeral.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
Well you aren't going to get that from an old Fender. The way it is done is to grab yourself a Blackface Bassman, Bandmaster or Twin. Or you can go for slightly lower power with a Deluxe. They use 6V6's so they are a little different to the others but I like them. For your drive channel get yourself a boost pedal or two. There are lots of ways to go.
Driving an old Fender's input hard sounds better than say, a HRD which is supposed to be what you are describing. The HRD doesn't have as good cleans as a BF and the drive channel is just dreadful. A tubescreamer in front of a BF will murder a HRD and dress inappropriately at the HRD's funeral.

I'd sacrifice the 'vintage' criteria to have the other stuff.

Have you actually done any research on amps, what features they have and what sounds they offer before you made this thread? Because it sure seems you didn't. "I want a Fender from the '50s that has two channels and a bunch of effects!" How about "I want a Volkswagen Beetle that can do 250km/h and runs on rainbows and unicorn farts!"
The most you'll get concerning effects on old Fenders is tremolo and reverb on a couple of models.

Sorry, I am grumpy today. And your thread is patently ridiculous. And I'd advise you to look into other brands than Fender, because you seem to have no idea wtf you are talking about in the first place.

We can recommend you some amps if you provide us with a little more info:
1) What's your budget?
2) What music do you play? (Name genres and bands)
3) Is the amp for home use or band use or both?
Quote by TheQuailman
Have you actually done any research on amps, what features they have and what sounds they offer before you made this thread? Because it sure seems you didn't. "I want a Fender from the '50s that has two channels and a bunch of effects!" How about "I want a Volkswagen Beetle that can do 250km/h and runs on rainbows and unicorn farts!"
The most you'll get concerning effects on old Fenders is tremolo and reverb on a couple of models.

Sorry, I am grumpy today. And your thread is patently ridiculous. And I'd advise you to look into other brands than Fender, because you seem to have no idea wtf you are talking about in the first place.

We can recommend you some amps if you provide us with a little more info:
1) What's your budget?
2) What music do you play? (Name genres and bands)
3) Is the amp for home use or band use or both?

Wow never mind... Did I not say I'm buying my first amp? Could you not get the idea from that that i maybe don't know what i'm talking about? I'm doing research by asking other guitarists what they think rather than reading "this amp offers amazing sound for an amazing price, the classic fender tone blah blah blah." Why say provide 'us' ? Who's us? Nobody else here is getting so frustrated as you. Chill.

Quote by AcousticMirror
actually i kind of laughed at built in effects.

I just don't get on with pedals. I've seen Fenders with built in effects so I thought maybe some/an old model(s) may have had some.

no what you want is a shiny new model that has built in effects...

like a cyber champ. or a frontman.
Quote by Rich EpiWildkat
Wow never mind... Did I not say I'm buying my first amp? Could you not get the idea from that that i maybe don't know what i'm talking about? I'm doing research by asking other guitarists what they think rather than reading "this amp offers amazing sound for an amazing price, the classic fender tone blah blah blah." Why say provide 'us' ? Who's us? Nobody else here is getting so frustrated as you. Chill.

Yeah, I could tell you're new by typing "It has to be a Fender" not knowing why. At all.

And "us" - go to the GG&A main page, look at the second sticky from the top. It addresses you. You know stickies, right? Those threads everyone's supposed to take a look at before making new threads, so they don't waste our time with nonsense such as this?
The "us" is the entirety of the forum. You'd know if you had taken the twenty seconds it takes to take a look at the damn sticky.
Quote by Rich EpiWildkat

Providing the people who read this thread (us), with the information he asked about is helpful in providing you with the most relevant suggestions for your situation.
Look at the "sticky" near the top of the forum.
Quote by TheQuailman
Yeah, I could tell you're new by typing "It has to be a Fender" not knowing why. At all.

And "us" - go to the GG&A main page, look at the second sticky from the top. It addresses you. You know stickies, right? Those threads everyone's supposed to take a look at before making new threads, so they don't waste our time with nonsense such as this?
The "us" is the entirety of the forum. You'd know if you had taken the twenty seconds it takes to take a look at the damn sticky.

Short answer... No. lol long answer... Not appropriate for this website i'm afraid. I found one never mind. Your 'help' is no longer required.

I've given you a simple run down of old Fenders. Old Fenders are single channel devices. Very simple and straightforward, that's one of their attractions. You don't buy them for built in extras, they don't even have FX loops.
Dispense with the Fender ideas for now. Get an old Fender when you know that is what you actually want. You need to do this:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1387138
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
A tubescreamer in front of a BF will murder a HRD and dress inappropriately at the HRD's funeral.

Oak sucks.
Quote by Rich EpiWildkat
valve amp with a clean channel, a drive channel and some built in effects..

Sounds like you want a Peavey 6505. Its get both a clean AND drive channel it also built in effects in the form of reverb.
Quote by dannycasevnx
Sounds like you want a Peavey 6505. Its get both a clean AND drive channel it also built in effects in the form of reverb.

wat.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Quote by Rich EpiWildkat
Short answer... No. lol long answer... Not appropriate for this website i'm afraid. I found one never mind. Your 'help' is no longer required.

Fine, sorry. I didn't mean to be a dick like that. But we get this type of thread about twenty times a day and it's like nobody ever uses the search function or reads the stickies (which contain about 90% of answers we give) and it gets tiring to type the same old crap over and over and over.
Quote by dannycasevnx

This is an excellent alternative to a vintage fender.
TS maybe you could grab one of those vintage tweed fenders then send it to be a tech to get modded for fx

trololololol
personally, i'd look at something other than a fender...they might have the best cleans around, but aside from that your not gonna get much...

plus if your looking into vintage stuff, your well going into 4 digit figures....anything that has Tweed wrote on it will be insanely overpriced...

i know i wasnt very informative...but im atleast guiding you in the right way...

and to put it lighther than some of the other posters on here....you really should read the stickies...they actually help alot. Plus, do some more research into an amp, for the past 4 months i've been looking into getting a new amp and with patience and some looking around you'll find your perfect amp
Rig:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top
Amp- Blackstar HT-60 Soloist
Digitech Rp355

I look like this-
Quote by patriotplayer90
This is an excellent alternative to a vintage fender.

i gotta say i agree with him...the 6505 easily has one of the best cleans i've ever heard for the best price...plus is has some distortion and a built it reverb with a few effects as well

certainly worth your money
Rig:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top
Amp- Blackstar HT-60 Soloist
Digitech Rp355

I look like this-
I knew the day that GG+A turned into the cesspool that is the EG forum would eventually creep closer.