I have an Edge 3 in my guitar.When I bought it around 4 months back,it was fine,but,now the bridge barely stays in tune for 5 minutes.I have to retune it again and again.And if I use the whammy.....well forget it.

So the question is,can the Edge 3 be replaced? If yes,can you recommend me some bridges? I really like the lions claw that Vai uses in the JEM77.If not that,will the edge pro or zr be a good option?
Gear:
Ibanez RGT6EX
Line 6 Spider 3 15
Hobner 265

Quote by Lost Dog
People absolutely love to see horrible accidents and murders, as well as any sort of fighting really. Just look at the news. We wouldn't watch it if it was boring.
try replacing the nut or the tuners first. they are usually cheaper and more likely to cause a tuning issue. bridges effect intonation more than overall tuning
Rig:
Jay Turser ES-335 w/ 2 Burstbuckers OR
J&E Custom w Duncan SSL3 and SHL59>
MXR Dynacomp>
Ibanez TS-9>
Dunlop Crybaby>
Fender Hot Rod DeVille 212
effects loop:
Boss BD-2>
Danelectro Vibe>
Boss DD-6>
Morley Volume

my shit screams.
The edge 3 is notorious for being dodgy but if it is set up correctly it should work fine. Granted if you do want to replace than yeah the edge pro is a great (if expensive) option. The trem route of an edge 3 should fit most other locking tremolos (ie floyd ripoffs xD ). And as far as I know the "lions claw" on Steve Vai's guitars is not a trem itself but rather a really deep route so that he can use the trems more violently or something?
. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. █████████▀ . . . . . . . . . . . . ▄▄
.███▌█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█▐███▄▄
. ████████▄ . . . . . . . . . . . . . º º º º º º º
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀
I'm pretty sure the Edge 3 can't be replaced by the Edge Pro, the Lo Pro or the Original Edge, and that even if they fit the routing, the guitar won't intonate. When you ask if a new bridge will fit the route, it's absolutely crucial to find out whether it will intonate or not. I've been told that an OFR will retrofit the Edge III route, but I haven't seen it done myself.

Vai's lion claw isn't a bridge, it's just a deeper routing.

You could certainly have another bridge installed (and you could get the lion's claw route done), however good quality bridges are expensive to buy after market, and the work is usually expensive too.
My name is Tom, feel free to use it.
I remember hearing somewhere that floyd roses are almost an exact drop in replacement on most ibanez edge bridges, i'd ask a pro first though
Quote by TheQuailman
I wish my amp sucked on my knob.

if you were to smash a child around the head with a full bottle of no more tears shampoo...would it be ironic if they cried
Quote by !-twisty-!
I remember hearing somewhere that floyd roses are almost an exact drop in replacement on most ibanez edge bridges, i'd ask a pro first though

Absolutely not true in the case of an Original Edge, Lo Pro or Edge Pro.
My name is Tom, feel free to use it.
If you want a bit of body modification then you can get an LFR or and OFR. I've heard Edge Pro's can be dropped in seek professional help.
Quote by theogonia777
Lefthandedkid is super awesome, ja?

Quote by rgrockr
I guess fire extinguishers have to be filled with something other than fire retardant now, because apparently that's offensive.

Watch my stream?
Thanks for the replies.
Gear:
Ibanez RGT6EX
Line 6 Spider 3 15
Hobner 265

Quote by Lost Dog
People absolutely love to see horrible accidents and murders, as well as any sort of fighting really. Just look at the news. We wouldn't watch it if it was boring.
Quote by Prophet of Page
Absolutely not true in the case of an Original Edge, Lo Pro or Edge Pro.

Okey dokey thanks for correcting me
Quote by TheQuailman
I wish my amp sucked on my knob.

if you were to smash a child around the head with a full bottle of no more tears shampoo...would it be ironic if they cried
The Edge Pro drops into the Edge III route, and I've seen the OFR drop straight in too, but I've also heard some people had problems with the OFR fitting. Still, a majority say it drops straight in.