I am looking for a combo amp or head and cab to play mostly punk. Think like Blink 182, Sum 41, NoFX, No Use For A Name kinda stuff. Now I know how much that kind of pop punk is loved on this forum but please don't give me dumb answers like "Just get any amp and put everything to ten." I really like mid-trebley sounds. I have looked online for a few options. A few I have looked at is the Bugera 333xl 2x12, the Peavey Valveking 2x12. I haven't been able to play either of them. We don't have many music stores around here. Especially ones that carry Bugera amps. Now I would prefer a combo because it just seems easier for me. But either would work.

Budget? My budget will be between 600 and 800 bucks.

Genres? Punk, pop punk. Cleans are nice to have. But they don't have to be perfect.

New or Used? Either works for me.

Home or Gig? Both. I do gig sometimes. And band practice.

Closest City? Fort Walton Beach.

Current Gear? See sig for that stuff.
GEAR:

1994 MIM Squier Strat with custom paint
Agile 3000

Peavey Valveking 100
Marshall Lead 1960
Marshall JCM 900 SLX
Carvin 4x12

Zoom G7.1ut
If you're lucky, try and find a used JCM900 combo for that price. It does punk excellently.
In my opinion don't bother with the 2x12 combo versions of these amps. Go head and 2x12 cab instead your back will thank you.

Yeah i'd look for a modern marshall of sorts. A dsl would do good as well i think. Although the bands you listed tones can vary quite a bit depends who you want to get closest too
Last edited by coolstoryangus at Apr 26, 2011,
I personally like Blink 182 and Sum 41 sounds best. Like Enema Of The State guitar sound.
GEAR:

Agile 3000

Peavey Valveking 100
Marshall Lead 1960
Marshall JCM 900 SLX
Carvin 4x12

Zoom G7.1ut
JCM 900 Dual Reverb, works great for punk, like has already been said.
Gear:
Gibson SG Special Faded
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
I have been doing a lot of looking stuff up. I have three choices I have narrowed it down to. The JCM 900 combo. The Bugera 333xl head. Or the Bugera 1990 head. If I get either of those heads what cab should I get? I honestly have no idea about different cabs and everything. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
GEAR:

Agile 3000

Peavey Valveking 100
Marshall Lead 1960
Marshall JCM 900 SLX
Carvin 4x12

Zoom G7.1ut
Quote by Major Sparky
JCM 900 Dual Reverb, works great for punk, like has already been said.

Glad to know it's good at something other than bee-calling and footresting.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Valveking would be nice but you can do better. The JSX 311 posted would be great. same with a vypyr tube. The bugera 333xl can do a good job and honestly is a better amp than the 1990 IMO. Of course if you wanna go Bugera it might be worth waiting for the Magician to come out and see if that is truely any good.
The problem with that Tallahassee amp is it is 2-3 hours away and thats a lot of gas. I don't really care if it's Bugera or not. I just know they have cheap amps. The Vypyr tube is really awesome?
GEAR:

Agile 3000

Peavey Valveking 100
Marshall Lead 1960
Marshall JCM 900 SLX
Carvin 4x12

Zoom G7.1ut
Quote by bubb_tubbs
Glad to know it's good at something other than bee-calling and footresting.

HAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAHAHAHA........

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

That's effin' hillarious. +1 to you good sir.
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
Quote by DustyR46
The Vypyr tube is really awesome?

Not quite like having an all tube amp but the versatility wins me over

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1429787&page=1&pp=20

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=peavey+vypyr+60+tube&aq=1&oq=peavey+vypyr+60

PS: Nice OP
^ The Splawn is versatile for the Marshall JCM800/Plexi clone that it is but it is not 'that' versatile. I enjoy other tones as well and for me - The 'Twin' and 'Recto' models for example are close enough approximations to keep me happy and quell some of my GAS