Hey I was wondering when you play an acoustic show at say a coffee house or something do you plug right into the pa or do you use an amp? also what is your experience/opinion on using electric guitar amps for acoustic shows?
"And Whamo! Your stuck with some boring job, and they dont let you play guitar and they dont let you take pictures of naked women"
-Homer Simpson
yeah
"And Whamo! Your stuck with some boring job, and they dont let you play guitar and they dont let you take pictures of naked women"
-Homer Simpson
I'm not a fan of acoustic amps. For an undersaddle transducer pickup you should use a PA or acoustic amp. I think PA's sound better most of the time, however, an acoustic amp will usually has a notch filter built in which can help reduce feedback. When I gig with an acoustic instrument I use an acoustic preamp with a not filter and that goes into a PA which gives me the best of both worlds.
Not taking any online orders.
I've never used an electric amp with an acoustic-electric for a gig. Just screwing around at home though, it sounds rather like a hollowbody electric (some differences, but it's the closest example I know). I would just plug into the PA.
Quote by SonOfPest
Its the Lydian mode; formed in Eastern Arabia when the Persians invaded England.

Quote by Blind In 1 Ear
try the sexolydian scale.
PA systems are fine.

Personally, I like using bass amps. A good bass amp is designed for the purest sound possible, and that's exactly what you want out of an acoustic guitar.

You can use electric guitar amps as well. Solid state is best because it doesn't crunch when you turn it up.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
bass amps are good if it's the right bass amp. Most valve bass amps and older SS bass amps don't have the correct input impedance for acoustic pickups so you end up with extra background noise. Modern SS bass amps work great though.
Not taking any online orders.