I have no idea what the guitar's like but...DiMarzio PAF Pros and Super Distortions were popular shred pickups in the 80s to my knowledge. Is that what you're looking for? I've got a PAF Pro in the neck of my ML and it's a good pickup for just about anything IMO, but that's in the neck, so I guess I can't really comment. xD
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
Aye it would defo work, but I think you would be very limited in what you would be able to do with it, I personally would use a very high output pick up and then use my volume controls to balance my tone and gain.

This was the setup I used in my Charvel ( though that was a Super Distortion ) and it worked very well. I really like the PAF but its not powerful enough IMO for just the bridge position.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
^ I dunno. Personally I think it'd work pretty well, assuming you like the tone of the paf pro- being not that hot it's gonna be pretty versatile, it'll be a lot easier to roll back to cleans and lower gain overdrives.

That being said my bc rich had a super distortion in the bridge (single pickup guitar) and it worked pretty well too... just depends on what you want.

Basically the paf pro will work for a more van halen/vai type of tone, whereas something like the SD would work for a hotter type of 80s hard rock/metal tone.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?