I want to make a few cosmetic changes to my epiphone explorer. The questions I have are as follow:

My electric guitar is an Epiphone Korina Explorer, as it says in my sig, and I want to change the pickguard to a black one. I'm wondering if there is a certain type of pickguard that I have to purchase to change, or will any (explorer obviously) pickguard work?

And another question is this: I have the stock tone knobs, but is it possible to switch those out for ones like this?
http://cgi.ebay.com/Gold-Guitar-Knob-Black-Peal-Volume-Tone-Set-Screw-K7-/300544985300?pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item45f9e088d4#ht_1518wt_1141
My babies:
-Epiphone 1958 Korina Explorer
-Peavey Vypyr 30
-Epiphone Hummingbird
Yeah any explorer pickguard will work. The Korina is just the wood so it's the same shape and everything as other explorers. The knobs will work as well. Just pull straight out on your knobs (assuming you have epiphone speed knobs) and they will come right off.
"For we are nothing without brotherhood and brotherhood is nothing without our brothers" -We Came As Romans
Not that I don't trust you, good sir, but I would like some more opinions beforehand. I don't wanna waste money lol
My babies:
-Peavey Vypyr 30
-Epiphone Hummingbird
The pickguard will be very different in lots of subtle ways to other explorers. I have the Gothic Korina Explorer, which comes with a black pickguard. It's exactly what you want, made for Epiphone Explorers. I would recommend looking for an epiphone pickguard, otherwise you may find your screw holes don't match up.
Now a new question: Where in the hell can I find a freakin' black pickguard that will fit my Epiphone Explorer lol?! I can hardly find any explorer pickguards let alone the one I need
My babies:
-Peavey Vypyr 30
-Epiphone Hummingbird
Money spent on knobs is seldom wasted, since its so easy to change them every week, just like wearing a different pair of shoes, and they really do change the appearance. Knobs are probably the most overlooked and underrated upgrade, but bang for buck they are crazy good. Pickguards are exactly the opposite, gotta have the right one and not always simple to change.
I think your best bet for a new pickguard is to actually buy the material and either carefully yourself, or ask a trusted friend to cut you the right shape out of it.
Remove the old pickguard, then trace the shape and draw it onto the new material.
This is how I would solve your problem anyway.

Thinking about it.. go to your local guitar store, if it deals with Epiphone they should be able to order you one in.

But anyways,
Here's a site with some examples of prices and styles:

http://www.guitarsupplies.nl/index.php?item=&action=page&group_id=10000016&lang=EN

Hope this helps!