I have dropped all my strings down a semi-tone to eb standard and even flattened them a little more but if i play any of the open strings an octave up an eb can become an e and so on.
Dropped tuning shouldn't affect your intonation unless your intonation was already messed up to begin with. Is there a Floyd Rose style trem on it possibly?
"Words"
Just As I Am

MD PRS Style Semi-Hollow
Epiphone Les Paul Classic
Mesa Dual Rectifier
2x12 Celestion 30's
Kustom 200
8x10 EMC's
So are you saying it's an Eb open, then it's an E an octave up on the 12th fret? That sounds like it's your intonation. There's plenty of stuff online to tell you how to set your intonation yourself, or you can take it to a pro to have your guitar set up, but it's much cheaper and easier to do it yourself.
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
yeah re-intonate it
you need to adjust your bridge saddles for the difference in tension by using a drop tuning
Taylor 314CE
Modulus G2T and G3CT
3 Warmoth Guitars
2 Fender MIA Strats--SRV & JM
Alvarez w/ Modulus Neck and EMG DG-20s
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 50 w/ 1960a cab
Breedlove AC250/SM12
Gold Tone Weissenborn
Adrenalinn III & FCB1010
ALOT of pedals
Quote by datgnat
Dropped tuning shouldn't affect your intonation

Less tension on the neck and a different tuning. get a set up done,you'll be thankful.
My Kramer's:
79 DMZ6000G
83 Pacer Imp
83 Vanguard
85 Pacer Deluxe
85 Baretta
85 Pacer Deluxe
85 Condor
86 Pacer Imperial
86 JK2000
86 JK6000
87 Focus Mutt
09 Gary Kramer Crusader
Quote by Air_Vengeance

Less tension on the neck and a different tuning. get a set up done,you'll be thankful.

Lol, I did think about a trem but posted it in the second sentence, I always play on a fixed bridge anymore and it's been a while since I messed with a tremolo. Dropped tuning doesn't affect my intonation at all so I didn't think about it.
"Words"
Just As I Am

MD PRS Style Semi-Hollow
Mesa Dual Rectifier
2x12 Celestion 30's
Kustom 200
8x10 EMC's
That's why I asked the poster if he was using a trem.
"Words"
Just As I Am

MD PRS Style Semi-Hollow
Mesa Dual Rectifier
2x12 Celestion 30's
Kustom 200
8x10 EMC's