Hello me again! my next purchase is probably going to be the danalectro fish n chips and wanted to know if it could be used as a trebble booster, like the screaming bird by EHX. Thanks!
Quote by mcraddict81592
If you need to kill a man with a 9v adapter? I say strangulate. Or swing the heavy end around and aim for the temple, all depends on your style.

FrankenBee Build
Absolutely - just crank the treble on the EQ.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
Yes. That's what an EQ is for. How are the Danelectro budget pedals? I don't have much experience with them.
I can only listen to so many breakdowns and "spoken word" vocals before I wanna puke.

I find Jennette McCurdy attractive, but Elizabeth Gillies and Debby Ryan much more so.

That's enough, Djent people. We get it.
Yes and no.

Yes, in that an EQ can shape/boost the tone to be more in the treble range.

No, in that often treble booster circuits colored the tone by the nature of the circuit almost lending a fuzz type effect to an already slightly distorted amp.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treble_booster
Last edited by irnmadn88 at Apr 26, 2011,
why yes, yes it can.

and while i'm here, it's reminded me i need an EQ pedal myself.
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Well, it will boost the treble, but "the" treble booster pedal has some peculiarities that can't really be reproduced with an EQ. First is that the classic design adds some clipping right from the pedal - an EQ is designed specifically not to do that - and second is that the original circuit has a frequency-dependent boost. With an EQ, you can approximate that effect with a setting that cuts bass and then adds treble in increasing amounts up the spectrum, but it's not achieving the same effect. Basically, the old treble booster pedals had transistors that did a whole bunch of stuff they shouldn't have that ended up sounding really good. EQs are designed to not do all those things, so they're more useful but they won't emulate the "wrongness" of the treble booster.

So, yes, you can boost treble, but if you're looking for "that" rangemaster sound a la Brian May or Ritchie Blackmore, it's not quite the right tool.
Quote by gquady09
Yes. That's what an EQ is for. How are the Danelectro budget pedals? I don't have much experience with them.

The fish and chips is really good. I love mine. Not as good as my BOSS GE-7, but its like half the price.
okay. i have a fuzz for the fuzz tone you guys are speaking of, but i think ill get the eq then.
Quote by mcraddict81592
If you need to kill a man with a 9v adapter? I say strangulate. Or swing the heavy end around and aim for the temple, all depends on your style.

FrankenBee Build
Quote by Roc8995
Well, it will boost the treble, but "the" treble booster pedal has some peculiarities that can't really be reproduced with an EQ. First is that the classic design adds some clipping right from the pedal - an EQ is designed specifically not to do that - and second is that the original circuit has a frequency-dependent boost. With an EQ, you can approximate that effect with a setting that cuts bass and then adds treble in increasing amounts up the spectrum, but it's not achieving the same effect. Basically, the old treble booster pedals had transistors that did a whole bunch of stuff they shouldn't have that ended up sounding really good. EQs are designed to not do all those things, so they're more useful but they won't emulate the "wrongness" of the treble booster.

So, yes, you can boost treble, but if you're looking for "that" rangemaster sound a la Brian May or Ritchie Blackmore, it's not quite the right tool.

Gotta love the Rangemaster.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Just want to add, the EHX Screaming Bird isn't much of a treble booster. It seems to just reduce every frequency except the treble and boost the volume a bit, doesn't sound great!
Quote by Punk_Ninja
Just want to add, the EHX Screaming Bird isn't much of a treble booster. It seems to just reduce every frequency except the treble and boost the volume a bit, doesn't sound great!

okay thank you!
Quote by mcraddict81592

FrankenBee Build