Hey GG&A,
I've been wanting a wireless system recently (T3H BR00TALZ GUITAR SPINZ) but I don't want to shell out a bunch of money. I wondered if I could use one of THESE with some RCA adapters and such.

Thanks
Ibanez AM78T with Lace Sensors
Squier Affinity with American Standard Electronics
Line 6 duoVerb
Behringer Vintage Tube Overdrive, Heavy Distortion, and Vintage Tube Monster
Digitech RP500

Yeah, I have a colored sig.
i suppose in theory yes although i didn't check the relative range of frequencies compared to a bespoke guitar unit..

problem is it looks like you need to plug those in to a wall socket for a power supply or carry a generator? :X
Not if you want good results at all.
Gear:
Gibson SG Special Faded
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
Quote by fly135
You'll need to build a buffer/preamp to go between the pups and that wireless.

Why? Also, how?
Line 6 duoVerb
Digitech RP500

I'm sure I could figure it out, I can solder and I've wired several guitars, I just wondered if there was any specific buffer to do. But seriously, why would I need a buffer?
Line 6 duoVerb
Digitech RP500

You'd also need to rig up a way to power the transmitter. It doesn't use batteries, it has an AC adapter.

Honestly this just sounds like a whole lotta bad idea :/
Silly - making a wireless kit is probably far harder than its worth. Part of using a wireless kit is that its reliable - which yours will 99% guaranteed not be - especially since you have no experience with this. I'd love a wireless system - but I live without one because its a nonessential $200+ investment. You should do the same, or pony up the cash.
Quote by SGFish
Why? Also, how?
Because the transmitter uses RCA connectors for the audio source. This is an almost guarantee that the signals are expected to be line level, which is a hotter signal than a guitar. Line level input impedance is generally in the 10's of KOhms whereas guitar level inputs are generally between 500K to 1Meg ohm. Therefore the guitar signal will be both too low and too loaded down.

The GFS mod will probably work. You may want to ask them in an email if it will boost enough to feed a line level input.
This is a terrible idea, the wireless itself is of low quality, your going to need to feed in line level signal, then at the other end drop it down from line level to low level guitar signal.

Not to mention all the possibilities of interference and the biggest design flaw, that both ends are not designed to be moved around and require wall power.

If you don't wanna spend alot of money, the cheapest and half decent wireless is the Sennheiser Freeport, I got one a few years ago which was the best value for money at the time.
Now its moved over to Line 6 and their relay system which is pretty much flawless and a low price compared to higher end units.
Mesa/Boogie Studio Pre | Marshall EL34 50/50 Power | Harley Benton 2x12 V30's

How do you like, your mids in the morning?