Boys will be boys? A 12-year-old and 9-year-old hopped into an excavator, drove it around a strip mining site and destroyed anything that got in their way. It got pretty bad. They flipped over a bulldozer, smashed windows and sprayed fire extinguishers at whatever they could find. The total damage the two boys caused is estimated to be $164,000.

This happened in Pennsylvania and the 12-year-old is facing a charge of felony criminal mischief while the 9-year-old was not charged because they are under the age of culpability for the crime, which is 10. It's unclear how the kids got to the site, if anyone was on site at the time and how it was discovered to be them. Man, those kids are terrors. And there not even teenagers yet!

wish i did this as a kid (minus the 12 year old facing charges part)

source
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Quote by ChucklesMginty

yeah thats gizmodo for you, the site went to the massive shits in the last 3 months, doesnt even seem as though they edit their articles anymore

its supposed to be a gadget blog but has become more of a shitty tabloid, i still read it due to habit.
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
lucky kids...all we had was stray dogs and broken down cars in my hood
Quote by JacobTheMe
JacobTheEdit: Hell yeah Ruben.

Quote by Jackal58
I met Jesus once. Cocksucker still owes me 20 bucks.
Does anybody else see the irony here? A couple of kids get in trouble for causing "massive damage" at a fucking strip mine.

"Hey kids, you can't come wreck stuff here. Causing massive damage is our job, not yours. And unlike us, you don't have a multimillion dollar corporation backing you up."

Also, it should be "They're," not "There."
Quote by Boonnoo666
Another factor that has grown this myth is a bunch of opinionated guys who really don't know what they're talking about, which to be brutally honest is a bunch of you guys on here.
So....many....mistakes....must.....edit....*collapse*
I want to read your essays and blogs of the artistic nature!

Art evokes the mystery without which the world would not exist.

- Rene Magritte
I find the $164,000 estimate hard to believe. It seems like just knocking over a stop sign somehow causes like $50,000 worth of damage, if that's really what stuff costs then no wonder we're running out of money.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Quote by Strat007
Does anybody else see the irony here? A couple of kids get in trouble for causing "massive damage" at a fucking strip mine.

"Hey kids, you can't come wreck stuff here. Causing massive damage is our job, not yours. And unlike us, you don't have a multimillion dollar corporation backing you up."

No...
Quote by maidenrulz19
When playing any pokemon game and encountering a fisherman with 5 or 6 FUCKING MAGIKARP!!!!!!! I mean the thing is useless and it only gives like 7 exp points each. Yeah eventually that guy can have an army of gyarados but still.
Did the nine year old write that article?
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by Strat007

Um they busted up a bulldozer. and fire extinguished stuff.
Apparently this is a signature

Yessir it is
Quote by Conbryvas
Um they busted up a bulldozer. and fire extinguished stuff.

Yeah, CO2 does so much damage.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
At first I thought it said "escalator", and my reaction was "how the hell do you cause $164,000 worth of damage with some moving stairs?"
Quote by Highway60Bob
i've always been looking for a good excuse to **** my mom.
Quote by Todd Hart
Yeah, CO2 does so much damage.

haha.

But hes saying like oh strip mining is only allowed for adults or something like that.

But he totally ignored that they flipped over bulldozer, causing damage and using an excavator and just screwing round with a fire extinguisher. Like thatdoesnt sound like strip mining.
Apparently this is a signature

Yessir it is
Quote by teachmeviolence
At first I thought it said "escalator", and my reaction was "how the hell do you cause $164,000 worth of damage with some moving stairs?"

When I read "Excavator," the first thing that came to mind was some sort of advanced military rocket launcher that shoots fire out both ends.
That 9-year old kid may be the luckiest kid in the world. He helped hijack an excavator, ****ED shit up and isn't gettin charged for it! Kid has bragging rights for life
Quote by ErikLensherr
Don't belittle it like that, your mom produces top quality stuff.

C4C
[thread="1339859"]Hammerhead[/thread]
[thread="1341152"]Anglerfish[/thread]

VOTE
Thrustor: 2012
Quote by teachmeviolence

I'm gonna one up you right now and tell you I read it as elevator. I was like wtf?
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
i read it as evacuator, you guys have nothing to moan about
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
I read it as "elevator", and then thought that isn't right. So then i reread it as "escalator". My brain isn't working today
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...