I just thought of this yesterday since I heard Jeff Loomis and Van Williams left Nevermore (super sad face). I've read in lots of interviews that Jeff and Nevermore's vocalist Warrel Dane are very close friends, and it got me thinking.

Do band members that leave on good terms with the rest of the band stay friends/in touch/hang out?

I don't see why they couldn't, especially if everyone's okay about it. I know they might not all the time since they may have odd schedules, but it was just something I wondered.

Then you have occasions where the band and the guy who left hate each other, or one party hates the other. cough Dave Mustaine-Metallica cough

Does anyone know, or have you experienced this with your band if you have/had one?
Quote by willT08
Quote by HowSoonisNow
How was Confucius death metal?
You've clearly never read any Confuscius.

As I wait on the edge of the earth,
I can see the walls being torn down again
Only to be rebuilt in another name,
On a different day
Quote by thePTOD
Then you have occasions where the band and the guy who left hate each other, or one party hates the other. cough Dave Mustaine-Metallica cough

that isnt actually true, he hated them for a while but he doesnt anymore. that shit is all the medias bull
It depends what happens, a lot of the time they just leave due to family or personal reasons rather than massive fights.

On a personal note, I don't really see my old drummer any more, but we never did see eye to eye. Our old vocalist is one of by best mates on the other hand and I started a new band with the guitarist.
Last edited by benonbass1 at Apr 26, 2011,
If they leave on good terms, yeah. There's not some sort of rule enforced by the music police preventing it if that's what you're wondering.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Alright thank you for both valid and sarcastic answers.
Quote by willT08
Quote by HowSoonisNow
How was Confucius death metal?
You've clearly never read any Confuscius.

As I wait on the edge of the earth,
I can see the walls being torn down again
Only to be rebuilt in another name,
On a different day
It's obviously going to depend on why they left.

If they pissed everyone off and got kicked out then they probably don't talk to them much. If they left on their own and with no ill-will between them and the band then I don't see why they wouldn't still talk.
What a dumb question. It really matters what the circumstances are. If someone got kicked out because they're a druggie, an alcoholic, and an all-around asshole, chances are the band won't stay in touch. If they had to leave because of an injury of family stuff then chances are they do stay in touch.
Check out my band Disturbed
rule of thumb:

mutual - slightly awkward when you meet if you're not close, if you're close you'll get over it quickly and return to friendship, mostly avoiding the whole topic.

you leave by kicking the shit out of the band manager - move to dubai to escape court charges and change your name

seriously, there's too many variables to discuss.
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17