Guys, I am having trouble with doing pinch harmonics on the low strings, strings 4 and 5 to be specific. They are easy to do on the high strings. I am using the same technique I use for the high strings. Any tips?
I feel like the spots that are sensitive to the harmonics shifts a bit with each string. Not really too sure, sorry.
For me, I tend to dig in really hard with my pick. It's also about finding harmonic nodes on your strings and doing your pinch harmonics there.
i hate doing them on the higher strings. i think you might want to back off a little on the thicker strings. you dont have to get nearly as tight with them as you do the higher ones.
My sig? Nice.
Quote by dash-rendar
For me, I tend to dig in really hard with my pick. It's also about finding harmonic nodes on your strings and doing your pinch harmonics there.

This. Just try experimenting with different pick techniques and find the harmonics. It's not too difficult after a while.
I can only listen to so many breakdowns and "spoken word" vocals before I wanna puke.

I find Jennette McCurdy attractive, but Elizabeth Gillies and Debby Ryan much more so.

That's enough, Djent people. We get it.
Quote by Quinlan
I feel like the spots that are sensitive to the harmonics shifts a bit with each string. Not really too sure, sorry.

You are correct. It depends on what fret you are doing the pinch on as well to where on the string to hit.
"For we are nothing without brotherhood and brotherhood is nothing without our brothers" -We Came As Romans
try pinch it around with your right hand until you find the "soundspot". all harmonics are found on different places at your right hand, you just have to find it, also giving the string a little or much vibrato after pulling the pinch use to help me!
The thicker the string and lower the fret the harder the pinch is.

E.g. 6th string 3rd fret (often in a drop tuning) is one of the most used pinches and also one of the hardest to do. Remember not to vibrato until you have the pinch. With practice it will sound almost instantaneous.

Find the "sweet spot" in between the bridge and neck pick up (usually closer to the bridge than you may usually play). Then choke up the pick as much as you can and try repeatedly doing it until the sound comes out clearly every time.

It will take practice to be able to use it confidently within a riff without messing up.

Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
ESP LTD MH-1000NT
Marshall AVT100
Boss ME-70

Quote by stratdud39
Thank you for your words of wisdom.