View poll results: PRS SE custom 24 or Epi Les Paul standard
Epi Les Paul standard
2 5%
PRS SE custom 24
36 95%
Voters: 38.
With similar pickups?

If so which would you choose.

Im thinking the Epi would sound different because of the weight of the guitar.

I'm trying to chose my guitar. And I like both. Music is going to be mainly, clean riffs, Jazz blues, reggae, ska the heaviest ill go is some led zeppelin stuff
Quote by Twist of fate
Why must the fat die young
Last edited by reggaebassman at Apr 26, 2011,
No.

The SE would also be much nicer IMO

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
for what purpose?

no VS threads dude.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
for what purpose?

no VS threads dude.

I'm trying to chose my guitar. And I like both. Music is going to be mainly, clean riffs, Jazz blues, reggae, ska the heaviest ill go is some led zeppelin stuff
Quote by Twist of fate
Why must the fat die young
I've seen lots of Reggae/Ska bands using PRS's lately. If you were playing more gain oriented things I'd say the Epi, but the PRS SE sounds better suited to your needs.
But of course: Try them both out first! See which one you like.
Quote by synestershadows
Shai Hulud mother****er.
If it were me, I'd go with the SE, but like stated above - it's a very personal taste thing. Try them both if you can and go with what feels best to you. Just remember that while your guitar and hardware play a part in your tone, the balance of it comes from your amp.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
i vote for the Pes Paul.

not really.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Update your original post to say you're looking to buy a guitar and stating what you want out of it. If not, this is just a vs thread.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Though I play some pretty heavy stuff, PRS just totally excels in feel and tone. You really can't go wrong.
no they wont sound the same its different companies so different construction standards and prs will have higher standards than epiphone or epiphone more than prs but in terms of just reputation alone and experience go with the prs epiphone have very mixed reviews but prs just have a great sound from the different mass production models ive played dont get me wrong epi is good but ive just had much better experience with quality from prs
they'll sound in teh same ballpark with similar pickups, but even with the same pickups they're not going to sound exactly the same because of different construction, scale length, body shape and mass, etc. etc.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
They're not going to sound exactly the same but they also aren't going to sound all that different. Pick the one you prefer the feel and features off, that is the bigger difference and that is much more important. The control layouts on Les Pauls and most PRS guitars are different, the bridges are different and the scale lengths are different. The sound is the least of your concerns.
Get the Custom 22 if you have the option, no point in the 24 fret option if you won't be using IMO. But at the price of a new Epi LP, there are better instruments out there (like the PRS SE series you are looking at).

But what do I know? The two if I remember correctly have very different feels -so play them both and pick based on feel.
Last edited by CantShred at Apr 27, 2011,