Hey all,

I am looking at buying a new guitar, fun times. I was just curious however, what everyone would recommend. I mostly play rock/metal like disturbed, Breaking Benjamin, etc. I am just doing this for a hobby and not for a band or anything atm so I want to try and limit my budget. 300-400 tops.

Any help would be appreciated.
Do you have any preference to shape, color, features. Also, what currency are we dealing with?
Actually I have about the same budget ($300-400 Canadian) and I'm interested to hear some answers to this. So if you have any ideas for non-Fenders that are easy playing, maybe you could throw that into your answer too.
"Because hoes don't trust anyone.. especially me."
For hard rock and metal on a budget, my advice would be to look into an epiphone les paul or sg. Reasonably priced and perfect for the music, without looking like a medieval weapon or sex toy (I'm talking to you, B.C. Rich).
When I saw Breaking Benjamin in your post I thought of Sterling (Music Man). If Music Man guitars are your cup of tea (they play differently than a lot of other guitars do) I would really recommend it. They're quite well-made.
Gibson ES-137C
Parker P8EN
AC Custom Special P Bass
I'm using dollars to buy it and I don't have any preferences except for one. I don't want a floyd rose. I hear they are a pain to restring. heh.
look into some of entry level esps, great guitars for cheap
Bugera 6262

Roland Cube

BC Rich Warlock with EMG 81 85

Ibanez rg770dx
Depending on whether you want to play rhythm guitar or lead, there are different guitars you could get for the hard rock/metal tone that you want. Jackson, Ibanez, or Schecter guitars are good for the lead tones for solos, and for rhythm I'd recommend Epiphone Les Pauls, those are just all-around great for rhythm, and these are all good in the 300-400 budget.
At that price range - Schecter is the best thing going.

Otherwise - look into some of the $400ish LTD series. I hate Ibanez, but thats preference. Look into Jackson as well. Any guitar w/ 2 humbuckers should be right.