Hey guys i got a new guitar today and it was meant to be set up, but when i played it today it was out of tune, now when i tune it in i find its pulling the bridge up.

What is the best way to tune it in?

Thanks
Running through:

Engl Fireball
Engl Slanted Cab
Ibanez Xiphos
Schecter C-1 FR Black
Ibanez GRG (on its way)

Pedals:
Boss Noise Gate, Zakk Wylde Overdrive, Boss Tuner, Zakk Wylde Wah.
How far out of tune was it?
You need to get it in tune, with the locking nut loose, have the bridge level, lock the nut (this will alter the tuning a bit), then use the fine tuners on the bridge to make slight adjustments to the tuning.
And use the searchbar.
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
There's an in-depth floyd rose thread on here that will answer any - see:literally any - question you have about floyds.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
it was like half a step on some, but i used the fine tuners and still didnt work.

Its fine on my edge 3 pro though
Running through:

Engl Fireball
Engl Slanted Cab
Ibanez Xiphos
Schecter C-1 FR Black
Ibanez GRG (on its way)

Pedals:
Boss Noise Gate, Zakk Wylde Overdrive, Boss Tuner, Zakk Wylde Wah.
Quote by avenge the rage
it was like half a step on some, but i used the fine tuners and still didnt work.

Its fine on my edge 3 pro though

If it was off by half a step, take it back and have the tech re-set it up. They clearly didn't do a good job.
But read through the floyd rose thread, and learn how to do all this stuff yourself.
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Last edited by Koshman32 at Apr 26, 2011,
You'll have to open up the back of it and tighten the screws until the bridge is parallel and the strings are in tune its a trial and error process
Tighten the screws or whatever system it has to make it level when tuned. It takes a while when you first try but stay at it making small adjustments till its level and tuned perfectly, then check the action and intonation, hopefully it's ok. If not adjust the action first, then do the int.