I apologize in advance if this isn't the right place for this.

I picked up an Ibanez RG5EX1 with an Edge III tremolo from a local pawn shop for $55.

http://backstage.musiciansfriend.com/Guitars/Electric-Guitars/Solid-Body-Electric-Guitars/RG5EX1-Electric-Guitar.site1prod519786.product

Everything about the guitar is fantastic except one thing... the locking nut for E and A has been stripped. No big deal, the guitar only cost me $55, so I'm going to have to put a little money into it. That's fine. I'll probably replace the bridge pickup in a few years anyways, not that there is anything wrong with it.

I did find a site that sells parts at an affordable price. Now my real problem, I don't know which one I need. I don't want to spend weeks buying and returning parts after I find out they don't fit. They could all fit, but I don't know. I'm very new to guitars with floating bridges and locking nuts. Help me out, UG?

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Nuts,_saddles/Floyd_Rose_tremolos_and_parts/Locking_Nut_Sets.html?tab=Details#details
Measure your nut carefully. Not only the width of the nut itself, but the string spacing. I put a locking nut on my Charvel and its a wee bit wider than I think it should be. The nut doesnt hang off the sides of the neck or anything ugly, but the strings are a bit close to the edge of the neck. Sometimes I push the E string right off the neck. I dont usually have this problem on my other guitars, so I'm blaming the nut.
Buy the nut from IbanezRules. The prices are better and you'll get the correct model. A nut from StewMac won't have the correct string radius.
Email Rich at IbanezRules, telling him what model RG you have and he'll get the correct nut for you.
Quote by littlephil
Buy the nut from IbanezRules. The prices are better and you'll get the correct model. A nut from StewMac won't have the correct string radius.
Email Rich at IbanezRules, telling him what model RG you have and he'll get the correct nut for you.
Thank you! This is a big help.